Sql Database Administrator
Full Time Job
To adequately fill this position, applicants should have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience on MS-SQ databases in the following areas:
• Working Experience with database administration of MS-SQL
• Familiar with configuring and maintaining databases and processes.
• Manage and Monitor the health and performance at the Windows / Linux OS and Database levels.
• Create a Pro-Active, Self-Correcting environment with alerts and notifications.
• Be able to optimize systems to ensure quality performance at OS and Database levels.
• Conduct Software installation and Service Pack release deployment.
• Perform scheduled maintenance.
• Create baseline performance measures.
• Familiar with best practices and implementation
• Analyze, solve and correct issues in real time.
• Must be able to write, understand and debug SQL Code.
• Monitor queries to ensure that procedures and processes are optimized.
• Extension Windows experience.
• Applicants should also have experience with:
• Performance Tuning
• Backups, Restores and Recovery Models
• Role based Security Model.
• Data Protection and Integrity
• Database Capacity Planning
Additional skills that would be a plus:
• Knowledge or working experience with Postgres is a plus
• Familiarity with Snowflake's Cloud Data Platform.
• Scripting in Python on AWS
The ideal applicant also possesses these traits:
• Curious and analytical mindset willing to dig deep to understand and explain why/how things work.
• Be accountable and take ownership of problems/issues. Use available resources to see the situation resolved and closed out.
• Critical Thinking.
• Excellent Problem Solving Skills.
• Suggest viable solutions.
• Team Player.
• Communication Skills
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• Very generous time-off policy
• Paid time off for approved volunteer events
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Company provided basic life and AD&D insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
• Pet Insurance, Legal Services and Identity Theft benefits offerings
• Employee Referral Bonuses
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.