Senior Vice President General Licensing
ASCAPHybrid in New York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/18/2022 12:13:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Senior Vice President General Licensing jobs in Hybrid in New York-NY
Search all Senior Vice President General Licensing postings
Full Time Job
Job Title: Senior Vice President – General Licensing
Location: New York City or Nashville ASCAP Office
Reports to: Executive Vice President – Licensing based in New York City
Direct Reports: Leads and oversees the General Licensing team, including 10 direct reports, and over 100 employees.
, on Twitter and Instagram @ASCAP and on Facebook.
# # #
The General Licensing Department primarily focuses on licensing brick and mortar U.S. businesses that publicly perform music in their establishments such as restaurants, bars, hotels, fitness, live music venues, concert promoters and other businesses that utilize music. This ''General Licensing'' category of licensees / addressable market is separate and apart from licensees in television, radio, digital service providers and other forms of licensing & administration handled by ASCAP.
The Senior Vice President (SVP), General Licensing, leads the General Licensing Department in a fast moving, dynamic environment and industry. The SVP, General Licensing is passionate about leading a mission-driven organization dedicated to representing, advocating for and protecting the rights of songwriters, composers, lyricists and publishers to ensure that they receive fair compensation for the public performance of their musical compositions. The SVP, General Licensing is responsible for developing and presenting strategies for General Licensing revenue growth and innovative solutions to modernize General Licensing processes and internal resource allocation in order to manage a large volume of current customers and the identification of new target customers, expense budget planning and oversight, long range and short-term revenue planning and projections, collections and working with Business and Legal Affairs on certain targeted copyright infringement activities.
The SVP is also responsible for ensuring the appropriate job-related training, development, and support is provided for all levels of the General Licensing team to develop internal talent and drive revenue growth; develops, monitors, and ensures effective execution of department goals and provides regular and consistent employee feedback. Guides members of the General Licensing team as needed with each of their functions and ensures compliance with applicable ASCAP policies and regulations, internal & external. Prepare presentations to the Executive Leadership team and the CEO as needed.
As a trusted member of the Licensing leadership team, it's critical for this role to develop productive cross departmental and collaborative relationships with Finance, Business and Legal Affairs, Distribution, Marketing/Communications, Membership, International Affairs and Human Resources.
Areas of responsibility/accountability:
• Valued contributor to both the Licensing team and ASCPA enterprise-wide goals and strategies.
• Thought leader who is open and actively seeks out/develops innovative approaches to modernizing General Licensing practices to increase efficiency, save costs, and eliminate manual or redundant processes.
• Lead a large staff in all aspects of the General Licensing process.
• Establish and monitor key performance indicators and provide leadership, management and direction.
• Develop and administer commission based compensation plans in partnership with Human Resources and the Business and Legal Affairs departments to administer to achieve financial goals and revenue growth.
• Develop and execute strategies for process improvement and increased revenue from the General Licensing business verticals, mines for new revenue opportunities.
• Provide oversight of ongoing training, coaching, and development of personnel.
• Proactively engage and communicate with direct reports and broader General Licensing organization through regular team meetings, one on ones, and encourage feedback on workflow and trends.
• Minimum of 15 years of progressive executive leadership experience in a sales/business development/revenue generating role and/or operations.'
• Driven by and committed to ASCAP's mission of protecting and advocating for songwriters, composers, lyricists and publishers.
• Proven leader with demonstrated success managing and leading high-performing teams in a matrixed and dynamic department of over 100 individuals.
• Innovative and forward-thinking individual.
• Change agent, effectively navigate dynamic licensing environment.
• Solutions based/problem solver with a strong bias for action.
• Strong written and verbal communications.
• Ability to work well with others in a highly collaborative, team environment.
• Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and integrity.
• Ability to think analytically, take direction, provide insight, take initiative, and work independently and proactively.
• Coachable, takes feedback constructively; a strong desire for professional growth.
• Curiosity about the business; desire to learn, self- starter to develop expertise and knowledge.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to navigate through difficult conversations.
• Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks within a high-volume workload.
• Proven proficiency with Salesforce CRM, Microsoft Office, Google suite, accounts receivable systems with the ability to learn and utilize new technology as it becomes available.
• Familiarity with the music industry, licensing and intellectual property strongly preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. MBA strongly preferred.
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
As a condition of employment, ASCAP requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (including a first booster, when eligible) against COVID-19. ASCAP will make reasonable accommodations for those who are unable to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination, where required by federal, state and local law, and in accordance with ASCAP's policies.
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.