Senior Salesforce Developer
Full Time Job
Senior Salesforce Developer (Nashville)
ASCAP is home to more than 800,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.
Are you passionate about working with customers? Are you excited to learn new technologies? Would you rather be coding than whiteboarding? If the answer is yes, then you might make a great fit for our team of talented software engineers who work with our business and product teams on high impact projects using emerging technologies and platforms. ASCAP technologists live our mission and we are passionate about what we do for our customers and we practice what we preach. Our technologists serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our business partners and members achieve their goals and realize their dreams. We stand behind our mission and are committed to delivering the impossible.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do with technology at ASCAP!
As a Senior Salesforce Developer, you will work within a product development team to build and code world-class products, while also providing leadership and overseeing standards and quality from initial requirements to completion. You are passionate about building high-performance teams, mentoring engineers and optimizing the engineering delivery process and will regularly collaborate with digital product management, architecture, and various other teams to ensure orderly and efficient engineering delivery. While you will still code, your primary responsibility is to ensure rigorous software engineering practices are followed and that high quality solutions are built.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Software Engineering, you'll be responsible for overseeing engineering product quality and delivery and setting and overseeing technical standards for teams who are working on everything from customer-facing applications.
• Lead development efforts by example, working with your other team members to design, implement, estimate, and deliver valuable and high quality software and products alongside our customers.
• Acting as a technical lead on large-scale initiatives or several smaller projects.
• Ensuring that team members are regularly and consistently conducting code/peer reviews while doing so directly as needed
• Developing positive relationships with ASCAP product and business teams and other external partners and organizations.
• Mentoring team members on technical standards, best practices and overall technical excellence.
• Demonstrate an ability to communicate, both verbally and in written form, very complex ideas, technical designs, solutions and challenges convincingly.
• Demonstrates a wide breadth of knowledge and skills across wide sets of technologies, platforms and languages
• Develop Salesforce solutions to business workflow and analytics requirements
• In partnership with the scrum team, PO, and stakeholders to map ASCAP requirements to Salesforce capabilities with a bias for using built-in capabilities in lieu of custom development where possible
• Participate as a member of an ASCAP scrum team/squad as we create software solutions in two-week sprint cycles; attend backlog grooming sessions, daily standups, sprint retro's, etc.
• Contribute to a culture of collaboration communication by sharing information feedback with colleagues
• 10 years of experience building high-grade production quality software using Salesforce ecosystem
• A Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or the equivalent
• Demonstrated success growing junior engineers through mentoring, collaboration and coaching
• Strong service delivery experience including architecture and development, and building cloud services.
• Experience in both Agile and DevSecOps environments
• Experience in Salesforce Sales & Service Cloud with appropriate certifications
• Experience migrating legacy Salesforce systems
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• Very generous time-off policy
• Paid time off for approved volunteer events
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Company provided basic life and AD&D insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
• Pet Insurance, Legal Services and Identity Theft benefits offerings
• Employee Referral Bonuses
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.