Senior Legal Assistant
ASCAPNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior Legal Assistant (paralegal) will support transactional attorneys in the Business and Legal Affairs department. The Senior Legal Assistant will draft and review correspondence, agreements, and other legal documents, assist with contract administration, legal and factual research, and handle general administrative duties.
Areas of responsibility/accountability
• Providing the attorneys with transactional support, including preparing and revising correspondence, agreements, and other legal documentation, as well as performing legal and factual research.
• Coordinating and managing the contract management process from intake to execution to renewal/expiration.
• Assisting with the development and updating of contract forms/templates and the maintenance of files of all contracts including creation of deal binders and agreement abstracts.
• Researching, comparing, and contrasting internal/external contracts, terms and conditions, and substantive additions to ensure legal consistency, accuracy, and completeness.
• Managing incoming requests for legal review or work from internal clients.
• Providing administrative support to the department by answering phones, maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings and coordinating travel.
• Preparing and submitting expense reports for attorneys.
• Processing legal and other invoices.
• Assisting department with other projects as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• Prior paralegal / legal assistant experience in a corporate legal department preferred.
• Experience interacting with senior level management.
• Proven proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word and the ability to learn and utilize other software.
• Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
• Ability to work well with others in a collaborative, team environment.
• Ability to think analytically, take direction well, take initiative, and work independently and proactively.
• Strong organizational and administrative skills with excellent attention to details and ability to prioritize a high-volume workload.
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Long term disability insurance
• Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
• Employer paid retirement savings program