Senior Applications Architect
ASCAPNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/23/2020 3:13:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Senior Applications Architect jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Applications Architect postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Applications Architect? Job Description
As an ASCAP Senior Applications Architect, you'll be part of team designing, developing and implementing software solutions. You'll be responsible for enterprise software design, architecture and development.
• Develop ASCAP's application architectural strategy in alignment with business goals.
• Define development guidelines and standards to be utilized in application development and integration.
• Analyze the current IT ecosystem application architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements.
• Define transition steps and strategy from the current to the future application architecture.
• Identify system requirements for large, complex ecosystem-wide applications.
• Review requirements across multiple applications and develop solutions that span applications and domains.
• Manage a CICD application architecture governance process: develop, communicate and ensure adherence to development and architecture processes, principles, policies and standards for the enterprise.
• Collect research on the competition in terms of best practices, business processes and procedures.
• Research, recommend and apply the use of middleware to facilitate the portability and scalability of applications.
• Organize and conduct time-boxed proof of concept exercises demonstrating a capability that addresses a specific development, architecture or organizational need.
• Provide advanced technical expertise and mentoring to the programming team and the broader organization.
• Analyzes new and emerging trends in applications architecture, evaluates alternatives, and completes proof-of-concept or proof-of-value studies.
• Provide advice to senior management on application architecture advancements, and makes strategic methodology, development, and major expenditure recommendations.
• Design major aspects of the architecture of an application, including components such as user interface, middleware and infrastructure.
• Make changes to methodologies, procedures and software development lifecycle, to ensure continuous improvement
• Performs design and code reviews and ensure that uniform application design standards are maintained.
• Support software development lifecycle, apply and follow appropriate programming/development methodologies and best practices as instructed.
• Maintain appropriate professional designations and up-to-date knowledge of current information technology techniques and tools.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, creativity and the ability to work with abstract concepts
• Ability to work with business executives and end-users to conceptualize a new application project, recommend technical resources and strategies, and then design the requirements for the project
• Strong communication skills – both verbal, written and diagramming – with an ability to effectively convey complex technology concepts to a wide array of stakeholders (developers, product, executives)
• Experience and ability to translate the business needs to the technical team and assign programming and development tasks to the technical staff
• Candidate should be comfortable with occasional hands-on programming to assist/review technical staff work and resolve any technical issues during a project
• Experience with Network and Application security concepts, tools and best-practices (e.g. encryption, hashing, PII, secrets, etc.)
• Experience working with technical teams and end-users to ensure the application functions appropriately
• Strong experience documenting the processes to develop procedures for application use and security (examples of work should be demonstrated).
• Must have worked for the last 10 years on enterprise applications, preferable on applications that involve high volume transactions. These applications must have been deployed to production.
• Experience with AWS Cloud computing (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS) – certifications preferred
• Experience with Database Technologies technologies Oracle, MSSQL, Postgres, Cassandara, AWS RDS, Snowflake, DynamoDB, Liquibase, DB Maestro, RedGate
• Experience with enterprise ETL tools like SSIS, DataStage
• Experience with ElasticSearch
• Experience with Unix and Shell scripting languages
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Experience with Apache Spark, Kafka, Flink, DataBricks
• Experience with Big Data concepts – AI, Machine Learning, Algorithms, SageMaker, Jupyter NB
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.