ASCAPNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Salesforce Engineer to help deliver on our strategic vision for the platform. Using your prior experience leveraging SFDC as a development platform, your goal is to deliver solutions that will better enable our internal ASCAP customers. In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Design and implement solutions using Salesforce and related systems to aid the continued growth and success of the ASCAP Mission
• Leverage the Salesforce Platform to make life easier and serve as a champion to our Product, Licensing, Membership, HR, Finance, and International teams
• Author original apex classes, methods, and triggers to deliver required functionality; troubleshoot existing code to identify and resolve errors
• Design, deliver, monitor, and support integrations with various ASCAP systems to ensure stability
• Contribute to the ongoing product development and roll-out of a single global instance of Salesforce to the organization
• Identify, share, and utilize best practices for Salesforce configuration and development, as well as integrations systems
• Identify innovative force.com/ecosystem capabilities that would benefit ASCAP; support value definition of such solutions and incorporate into the product strategy as appropriate
• Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Demonstrated success implementing code based solutions using the salesforce.com platform in an enterprise environment
• 3 years experience in application development or related role
• Salesforce certifications preferred: Platform Developer I, Platform Developer II
• Experience working as a developer member of a an Agile or Scrum team
• Expert level technical understanding of the Salesforce platform and its capabilities including declarative development, Apex & Visualforce coding, and AppExchange offerings
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially as relates to conveying technical concepts
• Experience leveraging web services to integrate Salesforce with external apps (REST, SOAP, XML, JSON, etc)
• Outstanding problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
• Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
What We Love About You:
• You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
• You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn't right, you say something.
• You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
• You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
• You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
• You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Long term disability insurance
• Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
• Employer paid retirement savings program
ASCAP is home to more than 670,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.
ASCAP technologists live our mission. We are passionate about what we do for our customers and we practice what we preach. We have an infectious and lively culture and we recognize our successes monthly at our Thursday on-site social hour celebrations. We stand behind our mission and are committed to delivering the impossible.
Salesforce-based platforms and applications are a key enabler to enhanced productivity for our licensing field teams to fuel growth and drive engagement. We are building a global platform for all data and capabilities that our field teams need to engage with their prospects and customers more effectively to deliver the best customer experience.