Rhythm & Soul Membership Coordinator
Full Time Job
We are looking for someone with previous experience in the business and in event coordination, who is looking for an opportunity to grow within the position, is good at multi-tasking and handles pressure well.
The position requires strong interpersonal skills, strong computer skills and organization, general administration (phones, paperwork, research, database & mailing list management), and event coordination (workshops, seminars, showcases.) This job is administrative- heavy and event-heavy. The person in this role will be required to attend and work at department events (sometimes in the evening) as well as assist and contribute to the planning and execution of each event. This person will support the Rhythm & Soul staff as called upon to facilitate department goals as well as assist as needed on a project-to-project basis. This person is also responsible for responding to member inquiries, including administrative requests, royalty distributions, and genre issues.
• Respond to member inquiries, including administrative requests, royalty distributions and utilize tools such as the Inquiry Management System in PREP, Salesforce SHOW, PMF and others to resolve members issues.
• Event coordination (concerts, workshops, seminars, showcases)
• General administrative duties (phones, paperwork, research, coordinating expenses, database & mailing list management)
• Assist in research projects related to larger Departmental strategic initiatives.
• Bachelor's degree and 1 years of related experience
• General knowledge of publishing administration and its correlation to Performing Rights Organizations
• Must work well cross-functionally with various departments both independently and as part of a team
• Strong PC Skills (Word, Excel, Access, Typing)
• Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• Attend and work at department events (sometimes in the evening) as well as assist and contribute to the planning and execution of each event.
• Ability to pay attention to detail, diligent organization and fluid communication skills
• Ability to maintain a professional and pleasant demeanor when interacting with members and other industry professionals
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills and effective problem solver
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options