Performance Claim Representative
ASCAPNew York, NY
Full Time Job
An ASCAP Performance Claim Representative provides customer service to ASCAP's partner societies and members inquiring about ASCAP domestic and International performances. The Performance Claim Representative will act as a liaison with internal departments and ASCAP's partner societies to seamlessly respond to any inquiry from a society or a member related to foreign outgoing and/or incoming performance claim documentation.
Areas of responsibility/accountability:
Society & Member Customer Service–Provide customer service to ASCAP's foreign society partners and members via ASCAP's proprietary online account management system submitting performance claims. Effectively communicate within and outside of the organization to submit society and member claims and answer basic questions in a timely manner. Use sound judgment to determine if high profile claims need to be escalated.
Society and Member Liaison to Internal Performance Processing Teams –
For societies: Compile live concert and AV commercial performance claims from societies and deliver complete notifications to internal performance processing teams. Reach out to societies for International band set lists when required. Communicate distribution practices and policies to societies completely and simply.
For members: Compile international advertisement performance data sent in by members and send to foreign societies to request payment. Notify foreign societies of live international serious and pop concert performances of ASCAP member works. Review member claims for accuracy and liaison with societies on behalf of distribution where additional information is required in order to process member claims. Use sound judgment to determine if high profile claims need to be escalated.
Distribution Support – Provide support to management and team for quarterly foreign outgoing and incoming distribution review tasks, special projects and reporting as needed to meet department goals and needs of International EVP.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to create graphs, charts and pivots from raw data
• Exceptional administrative, written and verbal communication skills
• Customer Service Experience
• The ability to clearly and simply communicate policies and procedures.
• Skilled at handling multiple tasks or projects simultaneously
• Self-motivated and organized to ensure internal and external responsiveness
• Able to apply to new concepts and learned skills to daily tasks
• Effective and creative problem solver
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Long term disability insurance
• Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
• Employer paid retirement savings program