ASCAPNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/23/2021 6:13:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Multi-Territory Analyst jobs in New York-NY
Search all Multi-Territory Analyst postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Multi-Territory Analyst?
Full Time Job
ASCAP is home to more than 800,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.
We're looking for a detail-oriented individual to join our Radio Distribution team as a Multi-Territory Analyst.
As a Multi-Territory Analyst, you will be responsible for matching performance data submitted to ASCAP by foreign PROs to the appropriate work record in PREP (Performing Rights Enterprise Program), a sophisticated technology platform that gives members online access to ASCAP's performance and royalty distribution databases. Your work will ensure that ASCAP writers and publishers are paid correctly and on time for performances of their works abroad.
Since foreign originating data arrives in varying degrees of accuracy, and occasionally utilizes local translations of the original title, the Multi-Territory Analyst must use a variety of research methods and tools to accurately match these performances.
• Research and match foreign originating performance data to work IDs in the PREP works module
• Determine the correct work ID to which a foreign originating performance should be matched to, accounting for any local translation that may be in play, and resolve any variances or inconsistencies in the data as supplied by the foreign PRO
• Deploy a variety of online resources in order to make the above determination
• Consult with RIOT or Repertory staff when appropriate
• Create new work records
• If required, create a new work record, properly allocating writer and publisher shares as per customary Distribution guidelines
• Apply any applicable agreements or mandates, if appropriate
• Merge work records
• Identify possible matches, incorrect UNID records and other mismatches, when encountered
• Merge duplicate or multiple work records referencing the same work
• If warranted, launch adjustment
• Collaborative work
• Participate in special projects as required
• Participate in end-of-the-quarter quality control checks, as directed by the RIOT Team Leaders
• Strong computer skills, including experience with MS Word, Excel and Access
• Critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze and resolve problems using ASCAP data
• Ability to communicate professionally in writing and on the phone
• Efficient time management and prioritization skills (essential in order to meet strict distribution deadlines)
• Ability to learn and effectively utilize a variety of online research tools
• The following is a plus: proficiency in the PREP Works and Membership modules, facility with Fasttrack, BMI and SESAC websites, and other research tools, such as Allmusic, Discogs, and others, including writer and publisher websites.
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.