Microsoft Dynamics GP Engineer
ASCAPNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Microsoft Dynamics GP Engineer (contract)
As a member of Global Technology Solutions, the Microsoft Dynamics GP Engineer will work closely with ASCAP's Accounting & Finance department in support of the Dynamics GP application, customizations, and integrations. The GP Engineer will provide day to day support for Dynamics and related applications and systems. As part of a formal Finance scrum team, the GP Engineer will provide technical leadership for ASCAP's financial systems and operations.
• Administer and support Microsoft Dynamics GP (general ledger, payables, receivables, bank reconciliations, budget and reporting)
• Oversee and coordinate the implementation or customization of Dynamics GP to improve business processes based on best practice
• Manage Dynamics GP integrations with other 3rd party systems including Concur Travel and Expenses, ADP, Licensing, Membership and Distribution
• Configure and design reporting systems
• Assist in the maintenance, support, patches, and version upgrades of Dynamics GP and other connected business applications.
• Manage user access security and workflow rules
• Collaborate with staff to identify business challenges, gather requirements and design and implement solutions to achieve operating efficiencies.
• Document requirements technical procedures and business processes
• Provide end user training as needed
• Perform analysis of existing and future software systems for supporting deliverables while also following best practices
• Aligning technical solutions to business requirements and user stories and technology standards.
• Assist with creating user stories, tasks, and acceptance criteria that are aligned to technical solutions, requirements and software components
• Partner with ASCAP technologists and leaders to author and implement technical system architect including business data structures for format, content, relationships, and quality during all phases of data transformation, preparation and presentation
• Map and model data from source to target for all data structures (i.e. relational, dimensional, Excel, XML, Flat Files etc.)
• Create both relational and dimensional models to support integration requirements
• Work closely with ASCAP's finance users to support day to day activity including end-user training and break-fix issues in Dynamics GP
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• 5 years of proven experience with Dynamics GP to include upgrades implementations and database management
• 3 experience with MS SQL Server
• Experience integrating Microsoft Dynamics GP with 3rd party systems
• Strong communication and customer service skills
• Proven experience working in teams and a team environment
• General knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and/or financial background
ASCAP is home to more than 700,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy, and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the U.S. run by its members including songwriters, composers, and music publishers.
ASCAP technologists live our mission and we are passionate about what we do for our customers and we practice what we preach. Our technologists serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our business partners and members achieve their goals and realize their dreams. We have an infectious and lively culture and we recognize our successes monthly at our Thursday on-site social hour celebrations. We stand behind our mission and are committed to delivering the impossible.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do with technology at ASCAP!