ASCAPNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As ASCAP's RIOT Manager, you play a critical role, responsible for managing the day to day operations of both the Multimedia and Global Matching Teams, as well as overseeing the work of the YouTube claims and conflict resolution team.
In addition, you'll be responsible for tracking and reporting on progress against goals, identifying issues in both the APM and IDA applications, liasing with the ASCAP technology teams, establishing best practices for both global and multimedia matching, and implementing process improvements and efficiencies to ensure that RIOT meets all production goals and maintains the highest possible quality levels.
• Manage the matching of performance data in both APM and IDA
• Monitor the progress of both the Multimedia and Global Matching Teams
• Monitor matching accuracy, identify potential problems and pitfalls and work with the Senior Team Leaders of both matching teams to establish best practices and the highest possible quality standards
• Work with the GTS support team to identify technical issues and possible enhancements in both IDA and APM
• Create reports to track progress and ensure quality in both APM, and particularly in IDA, which is still in its early stages of development
• Propose efficiencies and improvements
• Oversee the process of resolving ''conflicts'', ''disputes'' and ''potential claims'' for applicable New Media licensees (such as YouTube)
• Work with the Senior Team Leader (Multimedia Matching Team) to maintain efficiency and explore possible enhancements to the process
• Identify changes or anomalies in the reporting procedures of applicable licensees (such as YouTube) which may affect the claiming and conflict resolution process
• Work with the AVP of Radio Distribution and YouTube, if necessary, to avoid and mitigate any potential negative impact on departmental goals and processes
• Oversee the resolution of member inquiries regarding New Media ''claim-based'' performances
• Work with the Senior Team Leader (Multimedia Matching Team) to establish revenue-based priorities for addressing member inquiries, and to craft appropriate responses to inquiries from high-profile members
• Participate and contribute to any potential effort to design a web based user interface for reporting YouTube performances
• Support to outside departments such as Songwize / Administration Services, Business & Legal Affairs, and provide analysis and reports to multiple different teams as needed (including the Economist's Office, Quality Assurance, International, Global Services, Marketing & Communications).
• Provide guidance and support to RIOT Senior Team Leaders, particularly in regard to best practices and quality control.
• Work with the AVP of Radio Distribution and RIOT Senior Team Leaders to establish quantity and quality control metrics where required and to update existing metrics as needed.
• Handle individual team member responsibilities as required, such as performance matching and merging of work records
• Advanced technical proficiency in the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Access)
• Comprehensive web-based research skills and problem-solving abilities
• Comprehensive musical knowledge across multiple genres
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to mentor and lead teams and individuals
• Ability to effectively interface with writer and publisher members
• Experience working for a similar type of organization in the music industry, with some exposure to ASCAP and other PROs
• Existing knowledge of in-house ASCAP systems helpful
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
ASCAP is home to more than 700,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.