Manager, Global Services Analytics
ASCAPLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Global Services Analytics will support the Global Services department in meeting goals by providing statistical analysis and reporting on competitive comparisons, member royalty distribution, financial modeling and market share analysis. The position will work closely with Business and Legal Affairs, Membership, and Global Services teams to support needs associated with member requests. The position will utilize external data sources such as Billboard, Nielsen, MRC and other media sources for analysis and reporting. In addition, the manager will resolve complex issues brought to ASCAP by members regarding their royalties, ASCAP's distribution system and other needs. Finally, the Manager will work closely with the Distribution and Membership teams on company-wide operating and strategic initiatives.
Areas of responsibility/accountability:
• Forecast members' earnings.
Market Share Analysis
• Research and analyze Billboard, Nielsen and other data sources to assist in determining overall market share in key areas of the business
• Work closely with cross departmental teams to analyze and review distribution rules and practices to support possible recommendations for change.
• Develop expert knowledge of current distribution rules and practices.
• Incorporate market share and competitive market analysis into financial modeling.
• Query and analyze distribution data from priority internal systems and other sources to support:
• Distribution projections, distribution history and other royalty reporting needs.
• Based on member inquiries troubleshoot and research distribution anomalies and/or shortfalls.
• Research and analyze competitive data and incorporate findings into market share and distribution reporting.
• Maintain quarterly competitive distribution database and seek avenues for obtaining competitive data.
• Determine shortfalls/advantages within competitor distribution systems.
• Deliver comparative studies on a quarterly basis and highlight any potential changes within competitor distribution systems.
Database Creation and Maintenance
• Work closely with the Data Analytics and Information Systems teams to incorporate any reporting into priority systems and databases where needed.
• 3-5 years proven working experience as an analyst
• Bachelor or Master's degree in finance, economics, or music industry.
• Highly detail-oriented and capable of analyzing data with creativity and innovation in mind.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to clearly and simply communicate complex issues.
• Ability to prioritize and shift focus based on urgency of requests.
• Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of business and management.
• Effective and creative problem solver
• Advanced knowledge of Excel (ability to work with advanced formulas and pivot tables) and working with large data sets.
• Experience with BI tools such as Business Objects, Tableau, and Salesforce
• Must be able to work independently and with a team to meet position, department and company goals.
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.