Junior Data Engineer
ASCAPNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Junior Data Engineer (Contract)
We are looking for someone who is passionate about data and who enjoys solving challenging problems by coming to understand and utilize complex datasets. You will be working closely with the data strategy team on high-impact revenue-generating and cost-saving projects for the business, specifically ensuring stakeholders have the data they need for analysis and can trust the integrity of the data. You will be responsible for setting up and maintaining critical data pipelines into our big data environment along with marrying various complex datasets to support analyses. You will also be a key contributor in moving our on-premise big data environment to the cloud.
• Build critical data ingestion pipelines for new datasets required to support organization-wide analytics' needs, while ensuring data integrity is well-maintained
• Support day-to-day activities of the data strategy team responsible for key revenue-driving or cost-saving analyses, specifically mining for critical datasets and/or taking the lead on complex analyses
• Help drive self-service analytics throughout the organization by capturing and organizing important data and/or domain knowledge in a centralized location
• Support our cloud-migration effort, moving our on-premise big data environment to the cloud
• You have a bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
• 1-2 years of hands-on experience using SQL
• You are by nature a curious individual and a lifelong learner
• You are meticulous and cautious in how you approach a challenge, ensuring that you check and document your work along the way
• You find it fun thinking critically and creatively with others
• You have a passion for data and find yourself using it to defend your position or to support a new decision
• You love music and enjoy the idea of supporting music creators
• Strong SQL knowledge
• Experience in Python and/or a similar coding language
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exposure to Tableau or similar reporting/visualization tools
What We Love About You:
• Curious: You are a lifelong learner and are driven to answer unanswered questions
• Hands-On: You are willing to get your hands dirty in order to accomplish the task at hand. You have a personal mantra of ''there's always a way…''
• Data-Driven: You leverage data to support your opinions and find that more detail is always preferable.
• Honest: You're willing to admit you don't know the answer or that you have made a mistake. You consider analysis a moral endeavor and strive to prepare truthful output independent of any potential consequence.
• Audible: You speak up when you disagree or don't understand something. There are no rockstars. We want to hear what you think.
• Master of Your Craft: You take pride in your work and strive to learn more to hone your skills.
ASCAP is home to more than 700,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy, and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the U.S. run by its members including songwriters, composers, and music publishers.
ASCAP technologists live our mission and we are passionate about what we do for our customers and we practice what we preach. Our technologists serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our business partners and members achieve their goals and realize their dreams. We have an infectious and lively culture and we recognize our successes monthly at our Thursday on-site social hour celebrations. We stand behind our mission and are committed to delivering the impossible.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do with technology at ASCAP!