Head Of Technology Delivery & Operations
ASCAPNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ASCAP is home to more than 700,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.
ASCAP technologists live our mission. We are passionate about what we do for our customers and we practice what we preach. We have an infectious and lively culture and we recognize our successes monthly at our Thursday on-site social hour celebrations. We stand behind our mission and are committed to delivering the impossible.
This highly-visible, strategic partner will leverage their expertise in agile principles and methodologies to drive the planning and delivery of our product and technology roadmap while overseeing various technology portfolios. The incumbent of this role will be a champion of transformation, mentoring their team on building risk assessment, process improvements and governance into project planning and review standards.
• Lead our transition from a traditional PMO model to an agile organization, inclusive of culture and mindset.
• Implement and manage the portfolio management governance process to ensure accurate creation, staffing and forecasting of approved programs.
• Design change agents within the business units to drive our vision for leveraging Big Data.
• Enable and assure the optimal quality and governance of a portfolio of projects and programs, monitoring the improvement and setting up the project framework, standards and best practices.
• Support senior leaders in the day-to-day management of projects, applying relevant practices, tools, processes and templates.
• Lead portfolio planning and management across projects and products, including project selection, prioritization and approval.
• Define, develop, implement and sustain a change control process to support delivery needs.
• Work broadly with Project Managers, representatives from the Business and Technology to ensure that best practices and processes are implemented and managed to drive scope management and on-time/on-budget development and deployment.
• Partner with Product and Technology teams to develop, track, analyze and publish related reports, scorecards and program/project performance trends.
• 10 years of related experience, including deep experience within portfolio and program management.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or equivalent.
• Significant Agile/Scrum experience preferably in a global organization.
• Extensive experience in project team leadership and large scale program planning, including implementing large scale transformation initiatives.
• Demonstrated track record of successfully managing, growing and evolving a PMO.
• Proven ability to plan, organize and deliver projects with agreed schedules and budgets.
• Exceptional organization and time management skills with the ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including presentation, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to work in fast-paced environment with multiple deliverables and ad hoc requests.
• Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions while working through complex issues, program and business interest related issues.
• Well developed, executive-level critical thinking and communication skills (written and oral)
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options