ASCAPNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/14/2022 11:13:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Graphic Design Category
Search for Graphic Designer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Graphic Designer postings
Full Time Job
The American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers, and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants, and retail, to radio, TV, and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With more than 875,000 members representing more than 16 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. Learn more and stay in touch at www.ascap.com, on Twitter and Instagram @ASCAP and on Facebook.
# # #
Combining talent, experience and an equal passion for music and cutting-edge design with innovative problem-solving, ASCAP's Graphic Designer is responsible for designing and creating engaging content including for social media and email campaigns, websites, marketing brochures, print ads, presentations, promotional merchandise, and collateral materials for experiential events such as invitations, program books, posters, signage, table tents and awards. As a Graphic Designer at ASCAP, you will be helping achieve the goals of the Marketing & Communications Department while generating energy, confidence and trust throughout our music creator and music-licensed community.
You will be designing, creating, and editing assets from concept to execution, representing a variety of music genres that must excite, educate, and entertain. You will also be expected to support and collaborate with outside designers, animators and videographers as needed.
You will work alongside the other Marketing & Communications team while also interfacing with other creative and strategic departments throughout ASCAP.
• Work closely with ASCAP's VP/ Creative Director, Social Media Director and any outside content creators to determine how to best represent concepts related to ASCAP's brand identity.
• Develop online and offline visual communication material for key consumer-facing marketing channels including video, digital, social, experiential, traditional media, and partner programs.
• Drive company-wide use of our current visual guidelines/identity system and ensure alignment with the overall brand positioning and strategy.
• Design and create advertising, promotional, and informational materials for ASCAP campaigns, website, and events.
• Design graphics packages for video (slides, logos, etc).
• Ensure consistency and integrity of the ASCAP brand in the eyes of consumers, partners, the brand creative and management, ensuring adherence to adhered by the brand guidelines.
• Work with production vendors to meet our goals; stay abreast of new production technologies and best practices to deliver the best results; and manage and meet all deadlines.
• Create digital advertisements for ASCAP's events and strategic initiatives.
• Design concepts for PowerPoint and or keynote presentations/materials for meetings; sponsor decks in multi-formats to communicate our messaging visually.
• 1 - 4 years of experience in developing exceptional brand-focused creative.
• Experience working in a team and individual setting, bringing with you great spirit and inspiring work ethic.
• Proficient in the major digital design programs in the Adobe Creative Cloud - InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator – as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, Keynote and PowerPoint.
• Strong PowerPoint skills and the ability to create effective, engaging presentations.
• Knowledge of print production procedures (preparing files for press, bleed settings, checking proofs, etc.) as well as sending files via email, Dropbox, WeTransfer, and FTP.
• Experience with Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects (video editing/motion graphics) a plus.
• Illustration skills are a plus.
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Attention to detail and ability to consistently meet deadlines. Time management is key to success in this position.
• Ability to analyze and discuss creative concepts in a clear, rational, and creative manner.
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
Please be aware that ASCAP is not a nut-free or other allergen-free workplace.
As a condition of employment, ASCAP requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (including a first booster, when eligible) against COVID-19. ASCAP will make reasonable accommodations for those who are unable to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination, where required by federal, state and local law, and in accordance with ASCAP's policies.
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.