ASCAPNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Combining talent, experience and an equal passion for music and cutting-edge design with innovative problem-solving, ASCAP's Graphic Designer is responsible for designing and creating engaging content including for social media and email campaigns, websites, marketing brochures, print ads, presentations, promotional merchandise and collateral materials for experiential events such as invitations, program books, posters, signage, table tents and awards. As a Graphic Designer at ASCAP, you'll be helping achieve the goals of the Marketing & Communications Department while generating energy, confidence and trust throughout our music creator and music-licensed community.
You will be designing, creating and editing assets from concept to execution, representing a variety of music genres that must excite, educate and entertain. You will also be expected to support and collaborate with outside designers, animators and videographers as needed.
You will work alongside the other Marketing & Communications team while also interfacing with other creative and strategic departments throughout ASCAP.
• Work closely with ASCAP's VP/Creative Director, Social Media Director and any outside content creators to determine how to best represent concepts related to ASCAP's brand identity.
• Develop online and offline visual communication material for key consumer-facing marketing channels including video, digital, social, experiential, traditional media and partner programs.
• Drive company-wide use of our current visual guidelines/identity system and ensure alignment with the overall brand positioning and strategy.
• Design and create advertising, promotional, and informational materials for ASCAP campaigns, website and events.
• Design graphics packages for video (slides, logos, etc).
• Ensure consistency and integrity of the ASCAP brand in the eyes of consumers, partners, the brand creative and management, ensuring to adhered by the brand guidelines.
• Work with production vendors to meet our goals; stay abreast of new production technologies and best practices to deliver the best results; and manage and meet all deadlines.
• Create digital advertisements for ASCAP's events and strategic initiatives.
• Design concepts for PowerPoint and or keynote presentations/materials for meetings; sponsor decks in multi-formats to communicate our messaging visually.
• 1 - 4 years of experience in developing exceptional brand-focused creative.
• Experience working in a team and individual setting, bringing with you great spirit and inspiring work ethic.
• Proficient in the major digital design programs in the Adobe Creative Cloud - InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator – as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, Keynote and PowerPoint.
• Strong PowerPoint skills and the ability to create effective, engaging presentations.
• Knowledge of print production procedures (preparing files for press, bleed settings, checking proofs, etc.) as well as sending files via email, Dropbox, WeTransfer, and FTP.
• Experience with Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects (video editing/motion graphics) a plus.
• Illustration skills a plus.
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Attention to detail and ability to consistently meet deadlines. Time management is key to success in this position.
• Ability to analyze and discuss creative concepts in a clear, rational, and creative manner.
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws