Customer Service Representative
Full Time Job
Customer Service Representative (Fully REMOTE Position)
, on Twitter and Instagram @ASCAP and on Facebook.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) provides first class service by representing ASCAP to its licensing customers. The CSR will need to communicate with customers via telephone, email, and Live chat using professional and pleasant etiquette when answering inbound customer inquiries. They will adhere to our core value of One Call Resolution -- to meet customers' needs in one single interaction -- which includes answering customer questions and objections, re-selling the benefits of the ASCAP Blanket license, and resolving delinquent balances on accounts by asking for payments.
Areas of responsibility/accountability:
• Convey difficult to understand concepts in layman's terms both over the telephone and in writing
• Resolve routine and complex issues independently
• Accurately process payments that adhere to PCI compliance guidelines
• Follow standard procedures to update accounts and resolve billing discrepancies
• Maintain an assigned workflow of cases
• Maintain positive and healthy relationships with team members
• Update customer accounts using various systems and adhere to service level standards
Candidates will be required to take an assessment to demonstrate appropriate Excel and Access skills.
• The successful candidate must be able to communicate with customers using professional and pleasant etiquette via telephone, email, and instant message chat
• Proficient in the knowledge and practical use of up-to-date versions of Microsoft Office and Google Docs/Sheets
• Familiarity with internet applications (including Salesforce)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
• Ability to problem-solve independently and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• Call center and/or Sales experience preferred
• Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
Please be aware that ASCAP is not a nut-free or other allergen-free workplace.
As a condition of employment, ASCAP requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (including a first booster, when eligible) against COVID-19. ASCAP will make reasonable accommodations for those who are unable to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination, where required by federal, state and local law, and in accordance with ASCAP's policies.
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Occasional travel for in-person meetings may be required.
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $35,000.00 to $36,000.00 and will be determined on an individualized basis depending on several factors that are unique to each candidate including geographic location (due to differences in the cost of labor), skills, education and prior relevant experience.
$35,000.00 - 36,000.00 per year