Communications and Operations Manager
ASCAPNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/28/2021 6:13:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Communications and Operations Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Communications and Operations Manager postings
Full Time Job
Communications and Operations Manager, ASCAP Foundation
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a major music performing rights organization that licenses the public performances of music of over 830,000 members throughout the United States. The ASCAP Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization established by ASCAP in 1975, is dedicated to nurturing the music talent of tomorrow, preserving the legacy of the past and sustaining the creative incentive for today's creators through a variety of educational, professional, and humanitarian programs and activities which serve the music community.
The ASCAP Foundation seeks a Manager of Communications and Operations whose duties will include, but not be limited to, administering the ASCAP Foundation's external communication channels like social media platforms, company websites and media relations and writing copy for the ASCAP Foundation newsletter. The Manager of Communications and Operations will also provide leadership for the ASCAP Foundation's administrative functions and core support for tracking donor information and giving, board management, events and activities.
The Manager of Communications and Operations should have strong communication and administrative skills with at least 5 years of successful experience in an administrative capacity.
The Manager of Communications and Operations will report to the Executive Director of the Foundation or her designee.
The Manager of Communications and Operations will collaborate with leadership to play a significant role in ensuring that the ASCAP Foundation's goals support and realize its mission.
Areas of Responsibility
• Develop, manage, and maintain social media calendar and all associated social media campaigns and posts (including congratulatory messaging to all award and scholarship winners, legacy donor birthdays, ASCAP Foundation events and fundraisers, prominent news relevant to the Foundation, passing of beneficiaries, etc.) on ASCAP Foundation socials including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
• Draft and manage annual newsletters and appeal campaigns mailings including content creation and scheduling, topic and layout development, address list and printing maintenance, and mailing of all materials
• Draft and manage ongoing email blasts
• Assist with annual appeal to ASCAP employees by creating and launching a company-wide email campaign
• Update Guidestar annually
• Manage and respond to all donor inquiries and redirect inquiries to other ASCAP departments where appropriate
• Research and maintain Bequest Excel database and files
• Manage production of outreach materials such as newsletters, the Planned Giving Booklet, the Annual Report Booklet, e-vites, donation cards, etc.
• Manage the Foundation's current donor database, Raiser's Edge, and/or other CRM tools utilized by the Foundation
• Create donor listings for publications and website
• Track and input all income in the Foundation databases
• Generate income summary reports
• Prepare reports, lists and track campaign progress
• Ensure that donation acknowledgements are created and sent
• Assist with yearly independent audit as needed
• Support fundraiser events by updating lists, sending evites, managing RSVPs, arranging donation-acceptance, etc.
• Provide support to the grant writing process, as needed
• Assist with board meeting preparation, as needed
• Perform other administrative duties, as needed
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, PR or related field
• Minimum of five (5) years of administrative experience
• Strong knowledge and skill with social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills required with the ability to be tactful and display diplomacy
• Experience with CRMs or Raiser's Edge required
• Strong research and analytical skills with attention to detail
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving and time management skills along with ability to multi-task
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Experience with photo editing, and/or graphic design with Adobe Spark or Canva preferred.
• Experience researching and writing grant proposals
• Ability to learn new programs and apps expeditiously.
• Self-starter, capable of identifying donor needs and a willingness to go the extra mile
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability and willingness to potentially travel
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.