Communications & Operations Coordinator, ASCAP Foundation
ASCAPNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 900,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers, and represents some of the worldâ€™s most talented music creators. Founded and governed by songwriters and composers, it is the only performing rights organization in the U.S. that operates as a not-for-profit. ASCAP licenses a repertory of over 18 million musical works to hundreds of thousands of businesses that use music, including streaming services, cable television, radio and satellite radio and brick and mortar businesses such as retail stores, hotels, clubs, restaurants and bars. ASCAP collects the licensing fees; identifies, matches and processes trillions of performances every year; and returns nearly 90 cents of every dollar back to its members as royalties. The ASCAP blanket license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. ASCAP puts music creators first, advocating for their rights and the value of music on Capitol Hill, driving innovation that moves the industry forward, building community and providing the resources and support that creators need to succeed in their careers. Learn more and stay in touch at www.ascap.com, on Twitter and Instagram @ASCAP and on Facebook.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a major music performing rights organization that licenses the public performances of music of over 900,000 members throughout the United States. The ASCAP Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization established by ASCAP in 1975, is dedicated to nurturing the music talent of tomorrow, preserving the legacy of the past and sustaining the creative incentive for today's creators through a variety of educational, professional, and humanitarian programs and activities which serve the music community.
The ASCAP Foundation seeks a Communications and Operations Coordinator whose duties will include, but not be limited to, administering the ASCAP Foundationâ€™s external communication channels like social media platforms, company websites and media relations and writing copy for the ASCAP Foundation newsletter. The Communications and Operations Coordinator will also provide leadership for the ASCAP Foundationâ€™s administrative functions and core support for tracking donor information and giving, board management, events, and activities.
The Communications and Operations Coordinator should have strong communication and administrative skills with at least two (2) years of successful experience in an administrative capacity.
This role will report to the Executive Director of the Foundation or her designee and will collaborate with leadership to play a significant role in ensuring that the ASCAP Foundationâ€™s goals support and realize its mission.
Areas of Responsibility
• Develop, manage, and maintain social media calendar and all associated social media campaigns and posts (including congratulatory messaging to all award and scholarship winners, legacy donor birthdays, ASCAP Foundation events and fundraisers, prominent news relevant to the Foundation, passing of beneficiaries, etc.) on ASCAP Foundation socials including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
• Assist with annual newsletters and appeal campaigns mailings including content creation and scheduling, topic and layout development, address list and printing maintenance, and mailing of all materials
• Assist with, draft and manage ongoing email blasts
• Assist with annual appeal to ASCAP employees by creating and launching a company-wide email campaign
• Manage and respond to all donor inquiries and redirect inquiries to other ASCAP departments where appropriate
• Research and maintain Bequest Excel database and files
• Assist with production of outreach materials such as newsletters, the Planned Giving Booklet, the Annual Report Booklet, e-invites, donation cards, etc.
• Manage the Foundationâ€™s current donor database, Raiserâ€™s Edge, and/or other CRM tools utilized by the Foundation
• Manage current giving platform
• Create donor listings for publications and website
• Track and input all income in the Foundation databases
• Generate income summary reports
• Prepare reports, lists and track campaign progress
• Ensure that donation acknowledgements are created and sent
• Assist with yearly independent audit as needed
• Support fundraiser events by updating lists, sending evites, managing RSVPs, arranging donation-acceptance, etc.
• Provide support to the grant writing process, as needed
• Assist with board meeting preparation, as needed
• Perform other administrative duties, as needed
• Bachelorâ€™s degree in marketing, communications, or related field
• Minimum of two (2) years of administrative experience
• Strong knowledge and skill with social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills required with the ability to be tactful and display diplomacy
• Experience with CRMs or Raiserâ€™s Edge required
• Strong research and analytical skills with attention to detail
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving and time management skills along with ability to multi-task
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Experience with photo editing, and/or graphic design with Adobe Spark or Canva preferred
• Ability to learn new programs and apps expeditiously.
• Self-starter, capable of identifying donor needs and a willingness to go the extra mile
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability and willingness to potentially travel
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
Please be aware that ASCAP is not a nut-free or other allergen-free workplace.
As a condition of employment, ASCAP requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (including a first booster) against COVID-19. ASCAP will make reasonable accommodations for those who are unable to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination, where required by federal, state and local law, and in accordance with ASCAPâ€™s policies.
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualif