ASCAPNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ASCAP is home to more than 800,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.
ASCAP technologists live our mission and we are passionate about what we do for our customers and we practice what we preach. Our technologists serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our business partners and members achieve their goals and realize their dreams. We stand behind our mission and are committed to delivering the impossible.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do with technology at ASCAP!
We are seeking an individual with 3 years of experience to serve as a Business Analyst on a software development team. This individual will be working closely with business users to elicit and document requirements and subsequently liaise with the development and QA teams for implementation. The candidate must be highly adept at analyzing data and have the ability to present findings to business personnel in a clear, concise manner. The Business Analyst will also verify test results and act as a liaison to users during user acceptance testing.
• Work with business stakeholders to facilitate requirements sessions and elicit business requirements
• Document detailed specifications including functional requirements, flow diagrams and user stories
• Support the business users in conducting basic data analysis
• Work with business stakeholders to prioritize business needs and serve as the voice of business during project planning and roadmapping.
• Work with the development and testing team members to ensure requirements are well understood and enable rapid development
• Validate that test scenarios and results meet business requirements
• Serve as a point of contact for business stakeholders during user acceptance testing.
• Identify opportunities to streamline business processes and decompose complex business problems into workable solutions
• 3 years as a Business or Systems Analyst
• Expertise in presenting solutions to Business and IT teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in functional requirements documentation, flowcharting and writing user stories
• Strong facilitation skills with the ability to influence and negotiate in a productive manner
• Proven ability to develop, monitor, and present ideas, recommendations, and decisions for assigned projects
• Self-starter with the ability to work in a flexible team environment
• Bachelor's Degree
• Systems design and/or data analysis experience preferred
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• Very generous time-off policy
• Paid time off for approved volunteer events
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Company provided basic life and AD&D insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
• Pet Insurance, Legal Services and Identity Theft benefits offerings
• Employee Referral Bonuses
ASCAP is an equal opportunity employer. All ASCAP employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications and performance and not on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, genetic information, disability, handicap, color, creed, religion, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.