Full Time Job
We are looking for an Auditor to join our Licensing Audit team. As an Auditor for ASCAP, you'll be responsible for scheduling and conducting audits of ASCAP licensees to ensure compliance with terms of licensing agreements. You will visit licensees including radio stations, hotels and theme parks in all 50 states and some U.S. territories.
These audits produce additional revenue for distribution to ASCAP members - meaning you will be playing an extremely important role in ensuring that songwriters have the ability to thrive alongside the businesses that use their music every day.
Due to the nature of this role, it is a work-from-home position which requires 25 – 30% travel with some weekend stays.
• Learning the details of a significant number of various ASCAP industry-wide agreements
• Schedule and conduct audits of licensees in accordance with departmental policies and guidelines
• Travel to licensees across the country, including radio stations, hotels, theme parks, and more
• Perform pre-audit tasks and efficiently schedule audit travel
• Prepare audit work papers, adjustments, and reports completely and accurately - in a timely manner
• Bachelor's Degree in accounting
• 2 - 4 years of experience in a public accounting firm - or similar, relevant experience
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with others in a professional manner
• Ability to manage your time effectively and work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability and flexibility to travel, which will occasionally include weekend stays
• Proficiency in MS Office
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
• Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
• An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
• Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
ASCAP is home to more than 700,000 music creator members across all genres - the greatest names in music, and thousands more in the early stages of their careers. We are the world leader in performance royalties, advocacy and service for music creators, and are the only PRO in the US run by its members including songwriters, composers and music publishers.