ArtClassLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Media Production Company - Los Angeles, CA 90014
ArtClass is a creative business in the Live Action and Post-production space that provides award-winning work for films, commercials and music videos. Our client roster includes: Chevy, ESPN, Vogue, Samsung, Yahoo, Pizza Hut, New York Times, and many others. Our offices are located in New York City, and Los Angeles, California. This position would be in our Los Angeles office.
We are looking to fill an opening for a Staff Accountant position to support our finance/HR/general office-related operations.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Processing invoices for Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable
• Reconciling Bank Statements
• Downloading and Coding Credit Card Statements
• Weekly and Monthly Cash Reports to Partners
• Handle banking inquiries, Coordinate deposits of checks, and electronic transfers
• Processing Payroll and Commissions
• Tracking Vacation and PTO
• Handling Routine Vendor Communications
• Assist in the preparation and timely delivery of financial statements
• Manage and assist with special projects as needed
• Prepare balance sheet and P&L account analysis & reconciliations
• Assist in the preparation of annual budgets
• Assist in all internal and external audits
• Assist in all compliance issues
• Manage all employee expense issues, including credit card, expense report, and petty cash requests
• Work with production teams on accounting needs i.e. sending checks, helping with vendor forms and agreements and enforce accounting procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, month end closing, reporting, etc.)
• Effective management skills to keep track of upcoming, ongoing and past work projects
• Prior Bookkeeper / Controller experience for small (10-40 employees) companies
• Understanding of AICP production companies and terms are preferred.
• Experience working with Accountants and a general understanding of Accounting terms
• Prior experience working with Xero/Bill.com/Excel needed.
• Prior Bookkeeping experience in production field would be a bonus
• Confidentiality, attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and accuracy are of utmost importance for this role
• Ability to change direction as priorities shift
• Personable team player with curiosity and drive
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 2-3 years
Work Location: One location. Los Angeles, Ca
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Paid time off
• Flexible schedule
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online