ArtClass Admin, LLCKansas City, MO
Full Time Job
Dynamic, Engaging, Business-Minded Staff Accountant Needed for Growing Creative Production and Post-Production Company
ArtClass is an incubator for creativity. We make boundary-breaking content with agencies and brands. We've assembled a diverse team that thinks and works outside of the traditional boxes that the industry is accustomed to putting them. Are we creatives, writers, directors, comedians, actors, photographers, producers, editors, animators? Yes, all of that! Often in various combinations!
Beyond our technical prowess to execute, we are immersed in all areas of modern culture and fluent at crafting content with a message that resonates with the audience wherever they're viewing it. Clients today, probably more than at any time in the past, want their work to matter. So, we've created the space and the team to achieve it while making collaboration core DNA to our own brand.
We are seeking a dynamic individual who enjoys working with entrepreneurial companies, excels in a fast-paced environment, is curious, enjoys providing a high-level of service and welcomes the challenges that come with change, learning new online software tools, managing priorities, and navigating back and forth between strategic and tactical activities. You will be on the ground floor of a growing company that has a grand vision for success. This is an awesome opportunity for the right person who is hungry for a rewarding challenge.
We encourage local candidates, but will consider remote applicants as well.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Record accounting transactions involving cash receipts, disbursements, accounts receivable, inventory, and accounts payable to general ledger accounts noting project number as applicable.
- Prepare customer invoices noting project number as applicable, apply customer payments, and manage accounts receivable collections
- Receive, record and deposit cash and checks in bank accounts as necessary
- Receive and record vendor invoices noting project number as applicable, maintain vendor records and obtain W-9s
- Verify and/or complete payment of vendor invoices associated with accounts payable and ensure payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Review, organize, and process employee expense reports and credit card transactions, noting project number as applicable
- Assist with recording, reconciling, and reviewing accounting data
- Enter project budget data into general ledger system
- Maintain and stay abreast of project actual vs. budget results
- Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to project data and review or prepare ''wrap books'' as necessary.
- Perform general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization
- Maintain financial records, and general ledger accounts
- Assist outside accountants with the monthly close process by preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations as assigned
- Contribute to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections
- Maintain knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- 3+ years of bookkeeping/accounting experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Experience with cost accounting a plus.
- Solid organizational and project management skills including - ability to establish priorities, navigate back and forth between multiple tasks/priorities and strong detailed execution
- Technical knowledge in using Microsoft Office products, Google Docs, QuickBooks Online, and Bill . com
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
Company is located in Kansas City, MO and encourages local candidates to apply and will consider remote as well.
Highlights: Competitive salary Health Insurance available upon hire! Company sponsored 401k Plan Flexible Schedule Paid Time Off Full-time position
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online