Intern - Baseball Operations
Arizona DiamondbacksPhoenix, AZ
This was removed by the employer on 12/2/2022 3:39:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Baseball Operations jobs in Phoenix-AZ
Search all Intern - Baseball Operations postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Intern, Baseball Operations
Reports to: Director, Baseball Administration & Assistant Director, Baseball Operations
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Length: Full-season internship, preferably starting in Jan 2023.
The Arizona Diamondbacks are seeking a full-season intern to work within the Baseball Operations group. The day-to-day responsibilities of this role will vary depending on baseball calendar, allowing them to gain experience in multiple areas of the department. A model candidate will be able to leverage their analytical skills, a strong sense of creativity and their knowledge and passion for the game of baseball to provide innovative ideas throughout the Baseball Operations decision making process.
• Collaborate across organizational domains (Analytics/R&D, Baseball Operations, Player Development, Scouting) assisting all departments with necessary tasks.
• Produce statistical analysis and daily reports for the entire baseball related staff.
• Continuously explore interesting research questions to identify new trends in the game that will lead to competitive advantages.
• Recommend advancements to the current Baseball Operations procedures and infrastructure to improve efficiency.
• Assist with the capture and processing of on-field technology at both Chase Field and Salt River Fields.
• Perform ad-hoc analysis and research projects for multiple departments within the Baseball Operations group.
• Assist Front Office Staff with preparatory work necessary for Salary Arbitration, the Rule 4 Draft, and the Major League Trade Deadline.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• A degree from an accredited college or university and/or equivalent experience. Analytical fields such as statistics, predictive analytics, data science, engineering, applied math, physics, computer science, computer vision, etc. are preferred, but not required.
• A demonstrated quantitative background, either by degree or work sample, is strongly preferred (SQL, R, Python, Tableau, or other programming language).
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) is required.
• A self-starter with strong administrative, organizational and communication skills.
• High level understanding and passion for the game of baseball.
• Excellent work ethic and attention to detail while balancing multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to work evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
• Ability to relocate to Phoenix area.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.