Video and Data
Appalachian LeagueVarious, US
This was removed by the employer on 2/4/2021 10:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Video and Data jobs in Various-US
Search all Video and Data postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Video and Data? Video and Data, Seasonal Coordinator – Appalachian League
Start Date: May 26, 2021
End Date: August 13, 2021
*Full-time Hours (40 hours per week).
*This is a paid position.
Position Reports to: Director, Baseball Administration (Allison Gupton); Director, Baseball Operations (Carter Hicks)
Background: A Video and Data Seasonal Coordinator in the Appalachian League supports the day-to-day operations of Major League Baseball and USA Baseball's brand-new summer collegiate baseball league with a focus on player development. The Appalachian League will put the athlete first, providing ample resources in access to data and technology, a competitive atmosphere, direct Club exposure, and elite-level coaching.
The League will feature 10 teams with approximately 32 players per roster in a 54-game season beginning on Thursday, June 3rd and concluding with a single championship game on Monday, August 9th. Each of the 10 teams will have a single Video and Data Seasonal Coordinator assigned to the team for the length of the League.
• Provide exceptional day-to-day video and data support to both players and coaches.
• Obtain a thorough understanding of functionality and troubleshooting processes related to TrackMan game tagging software and set up/take down of related equipment.
• Manage Trackman game tagging and use of other League provided technologies including but not limited to Synergy and Diamond Kinetics.
• Various administrative duties related to TrackMan system & data processing, including roster creation, data cleaning, and data storage.
• Responsible for whereabouts and upkeep of various League provided equipment.
• Analyze TrackMan and other data for analytical player evaluation and development insights while working in conjunction with the Player Development Coach. Includes creation and understanding of charts, table, visualizations, and statistical modeling.
• Knowledge of how to utilize existing and emerging baseball technologies to aid in the development of players.
• Work closely with the assigned Club Baseball Operations, Seasonal Coordinator assisting in various day-to-day team operations.
• Work directly with Director, Baseball Operations in the sharing of individual athlete data directly with the athlete's college program.
• Travel with assigned team at all times and reside in team assigned lodging for the length of the League.
• Performs other duties as assigned by local club front office personnel.
• All candidates should be in possession of or working towards as Bachelor's or Master's degree.
• Experience working with a collegiate or professional team is preferred.
• All candidates must have an understanding of existing and emerging baseball technologies, including but not limited to Rapsodo, Trackman, Synergy, Diamond Kinetics, and others.
• All candidates should be hard-working, flexible, and comfortable working long hours.
• Strong interpersonal skills to work alongside front office and on-field personnel.
• Must be able to take initiative, be motivated, flexible and resourceful.
• Detail orientated with the ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
About USA Baseball:
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC). The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women's National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year.
The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL and Pitch Smart. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.