Agency for the Performing ArtsLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Director, Accounting jobs in Los Angeles-CA
What We Are Looking For
APA is seeking a Director of Accounting to oversee the general ledger accounting functions, including assisting the Controller with monthly financial reporting, journal entries, payroll processing, accounts payable oversite and assistance with federal and state tax filings. Familiarity with the Microsoft Navision (''NAV''), Oasis IV and Net Suite system software beneficial. Position reports to the Controller.
Duties and Skills
· Interacting with and reviewing Canadian and UK accounting firms' preparation of the subsidiary's financial statements.
· Preparing month-end close, preparing bank reconciliations (including client trust bank accounts), reviewing and reconciling intercompany accounts, performing variance analysis, and assisting with budgeting and forecasting.
· Preparing monthly journal entries.
· Assisting the Controller with financial reporting to management and key stakeholders, including monthly and quarterly reporting packages and ad hoc requests.
·Assisting the Controller with preparation of annual financial statements and all documentation necessary to support requests from external auditors.
· Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, V-lookups, macros). Excel modeling experience would be beneficial.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and prioritize tasked received.
· Strong work ethic with the ability to work well with others in a team environment
· Minimum five years prior accounting experience
· Prior entertainment experience required
Experience with full cycle accounting, including month-end and year-end closings, GAAP and IFRS financial reporting, consolidations, payroll, forecasting, budgeting and establishing internal controls.