Audio Associate Producer/Creative Executive
Animal Kingdom FilmsBrooklyn, NY
Full Time Job
Animal Kingdom, a Brooklyn-based multimedia production company, is looking for a Creative Executive / Associate Producer to support the Head of Audio. The bulk of the responsibilities will be in developing original audio projects, identifying and building relationships with talent, and managing the day-to-day operations of the audio department, which will include oversight of internal communications and administrative tasks. We are looking for someone with audio production experience, a genuine interest in working in podcast development and production, a passion for narrative storytelling across media, and excitement at the prospect of working in a start-up environment. The role is based in Brooklyn, New York.
- Sourcing new concepts & talent for original audio projects, across multiple genres & formats.
- Organizing & prioritizing incoming submissions with an eye toward AK's content programming strategy.
- Managing Audio Update Meeting agendas & maintaining development & production reports as required to keep Audio team on task & projects moving forward.
- Managing information flow & editorial integrity during all phases of development, from conception to production. Tracking projects in development to ensure projects deliver on editorial expectations.
- Working with partners to outline projects, refine concepts, plan production, secure financing / distribution, and represent Animal Kingdom's interests in the promotion & distribution of projects.
- Coordinating production on all Animal Kingdom original audio projects (which includes but is not limited to production scheduling, logging tape, giving notes on edits, supervising freelance producers, etc.).
- Cultivating & maintaining relationships in the audio production community.
- Acting as liaison between AK Audio and other AK production departments to ensure constant communication on development status updates.
- Interfacing with legal team & supporting deal negotiations.
- Managing the Audio Department's day-to-day operations & internal communications by recording & tracking project updates, industry news, relationship network, etc.
- Providing administrative support by scheduling meetings, managing departmental expenses, etc.
- A passion for podcasts.
- At least two years of audio production, production company, studio, or agency experience.
- Extraordinary organization skills & superlative attention to detail.
- Able to juggle multiple, competing priorities, pivot quickly, think practically & be solution-oriented.
- Meticulous writing, proofing & presentation skills.
- An eagerness to build strong relationships, internally & externally.
- Excitement about working across a wide range of genres & formats.
- Experience giving notes to creators on materials (outlines, pitches, scripts, rough cuts, promos, etc.).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Photoshop, and/or Airtable.
- Available nights and weekends on occasion, depending on production needs.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with experience.
Founded in 2012 by Joshua Astrachan and David Kaplan, Animal Kingdom has been responsible for some of the most highly acclaimed American independent cinema of the past seven years - including SHORT TERM 12, IT FOLLOWS, PATERSON, THE DEAD DON'T DIE, and more - and is now creating distinctive narratives across film, television, audio and gaming. With an eye towards imaginative and innovative storytelling, the Brooklyn-based company's mission is to elevate singular voices, to challenge convention and to make vivid, beautiful and original work.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online