Regional Membership Program Manager
American Public Media GroupSaint Paul, MN
This was removed by the employer on 10/18/2023 6:39:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Podcast Category
Search for Regional Membership Program Manager jobs in Saint Paul-MN
Search all Regional Membership Program Manager postings
Full Time Job
The Regional Membership Program Manager is responsible for designing, executing, and continuously improving a robust engagement and stewardship strategy, as well as special campaigns and partnerships, for Minnesota Public Radio (MPR)’s Membership program, ultimately contributing to MPR’s efforts to acquire, retain, and steward more than 120,000 MPR Members across the region who generate more than $21M in loyalty revenues annually. This role supports efforts across MPR and its three services: MPR News, The Current, and YourClassical MPR.
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Regional Fundraising, and is part of the Membership team. This position regularly collaborates with other teams throughout the organization as well as with external partners and vendors. This includes partnering closely with on-air hosts, newscasters, producers, and technical directors throughout the organization to help execute successful Member Drives and manage multi-channel fundraising messaging.
Expected Compensation Range: $61,000 - $75,000/yr. Exact salary determined by experience and education related to the role, organizational compensation structure and internal equity.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
• Together with the Senior Manager, Regional Fundraising and the Membership team, plan and execute a robust engagement, stewardship, special campaign and partnerships strategy to meet or exceed defined revenue goals, Member retention and engagement targets.
• Collaborate across regional and national MPR/APM brands to leverage cultivation and engagement opportunities and assets.
• Play a key role in the planning, project management, execution, and continuous improvement of on-air drives and other Membership program activities.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with the Membership team and internal partners; Serve as a key point of contact for internal teams, such as Events, as assigned; Provide regular status updates.
• Work closely with content teams to support and execute on-air fundraising efforts, including scheduled promos, live read copy, on-air drives and campaigns; Actively partner with content teams to prospect for fundraising opportunities within the content calendar.
• Actively contribute to the ongoing development of MPR’s membership fundraising efforts including the development and piloting of new fundraising campaigns, stewardship and engagement activities.
• Write, edit and proof copy, including for on-air promos, scripts, digital/web communications, print communications, and more, and liaise with creative and marketing partners as needed to design campaign collateral.
• Maintain web pages and coordinate creative assets and content for special campaigns as needed.
• Contribute to an integrated communications plan for the Philanthropic Development department; Collaborate with the Membership team to create cohesive multichannel campaigns.
• Support the tracking and reporting of engagement data – such as event attendance – for Membership activities. Identify opportunities to gather information about audiences for the purpose of solicitation of financial gifts or engagement strategy design; leverage audience insights to make data-driven campaign plans.
• Lead in Membership event planning and execution as needed; serve as a Membership representative at public-facing events.
• Lead execution of special fundraising campaigns such as vehicle donation. Manage vendors in execution of campaigns and other contracted scopes. Monitor, evaluate and respond to results.
• With the Senior Manager, Regional Fundraising, execute a values-aligned vendor and partnership strategy, including pay-it-forward partnerships during member drives.
• In collaboration with the Operations Coordinator, coordinate the approval, execution and recording of vendor and partnership contracts and invoicing.
• Regularly communicate with vendors and external partners; monitor and project manage the fulfillment of contract terms.
• Liaise with the Merchandise Manager to design and procure member thank-you gifts and contribute to the management of warehouse and fulfillment vendors.
• Keep current with best practices and innovations in fundraising, CRM and digital communications as they apply to AMPG’s work.
• Maintain a high degree of organization and accuracy across multiple projects with overlapping deadlines.
• Establish, utilize, and continuously improve processes and documentation; follow processes and procedures established within the Philanthropic Development Center.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• 3 years’ experience in fundraising, marketing, and/or program management.
• Demonstrated track record of success in fundraising or audience development programs.
• Experience managing events.
, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to, and prior success in executing fundraising or audience development campaigns including evaluation, timelines, budgets and benchmarks.
• Demonstrated ability to manage large-scale deadline dependent projects.
• Outstanding written and verbal communications skills; ability to produce extensive written documents including print and digital communications, scripts, emails, goal tracking, analytics and budgets.
• Well-developed collaboration skills to work with cross-functional teams. Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues in multiple departments/divisions.
• Demonstrated track record in meeting goals and developing strategies to maximize resources.
• Able to function productively in a fast-paced high-pressure environment, work independently and accept direction.
• Must have the desire and ability to successfully work as a part of a team, contributing to the overall quality of the Membership department.
• Must be open to working evenings and weekends as needed (specifically during fund drive campaigns).
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills and high level of accuracy and attention to details.
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable to change.
• Ability to communicate frequently with partners and vendors external to an organization.
• Ability to manipulate and analyze large data sets and numerical information.
• Computer skills and the ability to learn software applications as needed.
• Interest in supporting the mission and values of MPR/APM.
• Knowledge of or experience in radio/audio production.
• Knowledge of or experience in digital production.
• Experience managing vendors or partner relationships.
Reporting To This Position: None
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Ability to manage some work outside of standard office hours as needed.
• Physical Demands: Required to walk, sit, and stand; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch; Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping; Required to move about in the community.
• Working Conditions: Moderate noise level, occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.
APMG offers a comprehensive benefits package including Medical plans with HSA and FSA options, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D, Sho