American Public Media GroupPasadena, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/4/2023 8:10:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Podcast Category
Search for Producer, Laist jobs in Pasadena-CA
Search all Producer, Laist postings
Part Time Job
Producer, LAist (Pledge on-call)
Who We Are:
Southern California Public Radio (SCPR) is a member-supported public media network whose mission is to strengthen the civic and cultural bonds that unite Southern California's diverse communities by providing the highest quality news and information service on air at LAist 89.3, online at LAist.com and through LAist Live Programming & Events. Since our founding in 1999, SCPR has been a fast growing, innovative, multi-platform public service newsroom. Every day, our staff helps audiences catch up on the latest headlines, solve the complexities of life in Southern California, and connect curious communities to one another.
The on-call Pledge Producer is an integral part of on-air fundraising efforts during Member Drives. This role is responsible for building content-responsive pitch breaks from scripting, communicating with hosts and show producers, and ensuring the quality of on-air fundraising.
There is a preferred candidate for this job.
Application deadline: December 2, 2023 (5pm PT)
The pay rate for this opportunity will be $40.08 per hour. Exact pay rate determined by experience and education related to the role, organizational compensation structure, budget and internal equity. The grade of this position is HF.
• Work with producers, editors, programming and fundraising teams to produce and plan coverage for the member drive that is essential and timely for our audience.
• During the member drive, live produce in-studio to ensure programming rundowns are followed.
• Oversee the production of the shows and newscasts and ensure editorial and productions standards are met.
• Communicate rundowns and updates to engineers, pitchers, pitch producers, and show producers.
• Prepare sound and ensure produced sound is ready for air.
• Make content and editorial decisions in collaboration with content team
• Other duties as required.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Five or more years production, editorial or related experience.
, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Knowledge of local, national and international news clocks.
• Excellent news and public radio programming judgment.
• Digital audio editing and production skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to evaluate content/quality/sound and act decisively with sound judgment.
• Knowledgeable in live broadcast.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure with a team and to meet deadlines.
• Critical reading and listening skills are required.
• Become and remain a member in good standing of SAG-AFTRA by the thirtieth (30th) day of employment.
Reporting To This Position: None
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
• Physical Demands:
• Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
• Required to move about in the community
• Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping.
• Working Conditions:
• Moderate noise level
• Willingness and ability to work varied shifts.
Southern California Public Radio (LAist 89.3/LAist.com/LAist Studios) is diverse in race, ethnicity, language, culture, social class, national origin, religious and political belief, age, ability, gender, gender identity, and sexual orientation in addition to other markers protected by law.
At SCPR, we strive to create an inclusive environment where we all feel pride in who we are and what we do. We are encouraged to show up as we are – always embracing and recognizing that our diversity is what brings us together. Our fundamental commitment to diversity:
• Enriches SCPR and provides an atmosphere in which all human potential is valued
• Promotes learning through interactions among people of different backgrounds and many perspectives, and
• Enables the organization to prepare all employees to promote social responsibility, equity, freedom, and productive citizenship in a global society
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage you to apply.