Intern, Video - Apm Studios
American Public Media GroupSaint Paul, MN
Part Time Paid Internship
• Hours: 40 hours per week (Monday - Friday, approximately 9:00 - 5:00pm)
• Location: Open to anywhere within the U.S.A.
• Start Date: January 8, 2024 – March 29, 2024
• Compensation: $18.00/hour
• Position deadline: October 31, 2023
Intern, Video – APM Studios:
Are you a visual storyteller with a passion for podcasts? APM Studios seeks a creative Video Intern to help engage listeners through compelling social video across platforms like YouTube, Instagram and TikTok. You will be working across the content and business teams to produce and edit short- and long-form videos with a focus on growing discovery and engagement for Studios’ suite of podcasts. Video-first platforms are where APM Studios’ target audience is discovering and listening to new podcasts, creating an imperative need to distribute digital-first video for our shows. As the Video Intern with APM Studios, you will be working closely with Studios’ content team, make a range of optimized videos on a weekly basis for multiple shows to increase Studios’ video views, engagement, and overall reach on various social media platforms.
Key Learning Goals:
The goal of this internship is to provide immersive learning and real-world experience through impactful projects. Our goal for you is to:
• Learn how to produce a range of successful digital videos for multiple platforms, both short- and long-form.
• Learn how to develop and produce video content for audio-first programs.
• Learn how to use native and third-party tools to measure the success of videos via a range of KPIs (reach, engagement rates, video retention, audience demos, etc).
In this hands-on role, you will dedicate your time to the following area:
• Produce at least 2 shortform videos per week.
• Assist in editing at least 1 longform video per week.
• Work with the Audience Engagement Coordinator to manage publishing of videos as needed.
• Properly manage and store draft and finished files in APMG’s existing portfolios.
• Meet with podcast production teams regularly on content strategy.
• Eligible to accrue sick time off.
• Eligible for health insurance as required under the ACA.
• Eligible to participate in the APMG retirement plan.
• Participate in robust on-boarding experience.
• Professional development: on-the-job training, workforce readiness training, formal performance review feedback sessions, etc.
• Participate in brown bag sessions to gain broader perspectives of the organization.
• Enrolled Senior in an undergraduate or Master’s program OR have earned a degree within the last 12 months.
• Must be able to work 40 hours per week (Monday – Friday, 9:00 – 5:00pm) for the duration of this internship.
• Familiarity with multiple video production programs including Premiere, DaVinci, After Effects, and other Adobe Creative programs, or similar tools.
• Knowledge of post-production workflows and editing software.
• Passion and enthusiasm for podcasts and audio entertainment.
• Experience producing content for social media and other digital platforms.
• Desire to work for a media or streaming company.
• Passion for the mission of public media.
• Experience producing static graphics for non-video materials.
Next Step in the Application:
In addition to your skills and knowledge, we want to get to know you in the application process. In addition to your resume, please include a cover letter (of no more than 1 page) with answers to the following:
• What interests you about this internship?
• What professional skills would you like to add to your toolbox in the months and years to come to grow in your career field?
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Physical Demands:
• Required to move about in an office environment or in your own home and sit for extended periods of time.
• A place to work undisturbed at home while in remote situation.
• Required to move about in the community.
• Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping.
• Working Conditions:
• Moderate noise level.
• Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.
MacMillan Internship & Fellowship Program at MPR|APM
Minnesota Public Radio | American Public Media are grateful for the long-time, generous philanthropy of Whitney and Elizabeth MacMillan for investing in the future of public media through transformational internships and fellowships. Their recent grant will significantly strengthen our internship program, produce enriching programming, and prepare the next generation for careers in public media. We are pleased to recognize this generous support in the name of the program – the MacMillan Internship & Fellowship Program at MPR|APM.