Paid Intern - Podcast Marketing
American Public Media GroupSaint Paul, MN
Part Time Paid Internship
• Start Date: January 8, 2024 – June 7, 2024
• Hours: 40 hours per week (Monday - Friday, approximately 9:00 - 5:00pm)
• Location: St. Paul, MN, New York, NY or remote (anywhere within the U.S.A.)
• Compensation: $18.00/hour
• Application deadline: October 31, 2023
Intern, Podcast Marketing
The Podcast Marketing Intern will assist the National Marketing team in growing and diversifying the audiences of our national podcast portfolio. You will collaborate with our marketing team to create and execute innovative strategies that enhance our podcast's reach, engagement, and audience expansion. This internship offers a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in podcast marketing within a mission-driven and creative environment.
Key Learning Goals:
We want to build your creative muscle. The goal of this internship is to provide immersive learning and real-world experience through impactful projects. Our goal for you is to:
• Gain practical experience in podcast marketing, contributing to real multichannel campaigns and projects.
• Learn how to utilize robust data and audience insights in creating effective and meaningful marketing campaigns, as well as create persuasive and comprehensive performance reports.
• Immerse yourself in a mission- driven, value-led organization committed to creating the future of public media.
In this hands-on role, you will dedicate your time to the following area:
50%: Marketing planning
• Assist in the development and execution of podcast marketing campaigns to increase listenership and engagement, including existing and new shows.
• Collaborate with the marketing team to brainstorm and implement creative ideas to grow the podcast's audience and brand presence.
25% Insights and Reporting
• Research industry trends, audience preferences, and competitive landscape to identify new promotional opportunities.
• Monitor and analyze marketing performance metrics, generating reports to provide insights and recommendations for optimization.
25% Ecommerce Management
• Assist Ecommerce Manager with managing APM ecommerce website.
• Identify and recommend products for marketing and membership partners.
• Collaborate on merchandise strategy for events as needed.
• Eligible to accrue sick time off.
• Eligible for health insurance as required under the ACA.
• Eligible to participate in the APMG retirement plan.
• Participate in robust on-boarding experience.
• Professional development: on-the-job training, workforce readiness training, formal performance review feedback sessions, etc.
• Participate in brown bag sessions to gain broader perspective of the organization.
• Enrolled Senior in an undergraduate or graduate program OR have earned a degree within the last 12 months in Marketing, Communications, Media Studies, or a related field.
• Enthusiastic interest in podcasts, public media, and digital marketing.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an eye for detail and creativity.
• Familiarity with social media platforms and their best practices.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
• Must be able to work 40 hours per week (Monday - Friday, approximate 9:00 - 5:00pm) for the duration of this internship.
• Proficiency in content creation tools, graphic design, and video editing
• Coursework or experience with digital media
• Working knowledge of native social media analytics and Facebook Business
• Experience working with Google Search
Next Step in the Application:
In addition to your skills and knowledge, we want to get to know you in the application process. In addition to your resume, please include a cover letter (of no more than 1 page) with answers to the following:
• What interests you about this internship?
• What professional skills would you like to add to your toolbox in the months and years to come to grow in your career field?
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Physical Demands:
• Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time.
• Required to move about in the community.
• Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping.
• Working Conditions:
• Moderate noise level.
• Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.
MacMillan Internship & Fellowship Program at MPR|APM
Minnesota Public Radio | American Public Media are grateful for the long-time, generous philanthropy of Whitney and Elizabeth MacMillan for investing in the future of public media through transformational internships and fellowships. Their recent grant will significantly strengthen our internship program, produce enriching programming, and prepare the next generation for careers in public media. We are pleased to recognize this generous support in the name of the program – the MacMillan Internship & Fellowship Program at MPR|APM.