Intern, Marketing & Sales
American Public Media GroupSaint Paul, MN
Part Time Paid Internship
• Start Date: January 8, 2024 – June 7, 2024
• Hours: 40 hours per week (Monday - Friday, approximately 9:00 - 5:00pm)
• Location: Remote (anywhere within the U.S.A) and must be able to work in Eastern, Central or Pacific time zone
• Compensation: $18.00/hour
• Application deadline: October 31, 2023
Intern, Sales and Marketing – APM Studios:
APM Studios is seeking a dynamic intern to help fuel the continued growth of our hit podcasts like Marketplace, Brains On, Don’t Ask Tig and many more. In this hands-on role, you will support our daily sales needs for the podcast portfolio. You will have an opportunity to work directly with our Head of Sponsorship Sales and other team members to assist in the development, packaging, and execution of our advanced marketing solutions directly to national advertising clients and media agencies.
The team is remote and team members are in Michigan (ET time zone), Minneapolis (CT time zone), as well as Los Angeles and Seattle (PT time zone).
Key Learning Goals:
We want to build your sales and marketing skills. The goal of this internship is to provide immersive learning and real-world experience through impactful projects. Our goal for you is to:
• Learning the role that advertising sales and marketing plays in supporting APMG's IP (podcast series) and the overall organization.
• Being able to identify the various advanced marketing solutions that are utilized to connect our IP to advertiser brands. This includes custom sponsored content, branded programming and live/virtual live events distributed across our podcast, social media, email newsletter and other audience touchpoints.
• Development of creative presentation and project management skills along with the ability to effectively communicate goals to key stakeholders within the company.
In this hands-on role, you will dedicate your time to the following area:
• Updating existing Sponsorship capabilities materials (presentation decks and onesheets) with new data-driven insights, audience demos, and show details.
• Assisting Head of Sponsorship Sales in the brainstorming of sponsorship opportunities across the APM Studios and Marketplace podcasts.
• Assisting with the development of sales pitch decks.
• Administrative duties including compiling lists and updating existing documents to provide quality control updates for ad media that runs in our podcasts and across platforms.
• Eligible to accrue sick time off.
• Eligible for health insurance as required under the ACA.
• Eligible to participate in the APMG retirement plan.
• Participate in robust on-boarding experience.
• Professional development: on-the-job training, workforce readiness training, formal performance review feedback sessions, etc.
• Participate in brown bag sessions to gain broader perspective of the organization.
• Enrolled Senior in an undergraduate or graduate program OR have earned a degree within the last 12 months.
• Must be able to work 40 hours per week (Monday – Friday, approximately 9:00 – 5:00pm) for the duration of this internship.
• Must have access to Wifi, Apple and Spotify podcast apps.
• Must have skill in using Word, Excel, and Keynote (or Microsoft Powerpoint).
• Ability to communicate clearly.
• Dedication to meet project deadlines in a timely manner.
• Attention to detail and frequent use of listening skills.
• Interest in Media, including TV, Digital Video, Social, etc.
• Strong writing skills, creative writing is a plus.
• Proficiency in Google Docs.
• Interest in Marketing, Brand Partnerships, and/or Sales.
• A willingness to think ''outside of the box'' when it comes to creative solutions and concepts.
• A positive attitude!
Next Step in the Application:
In addition to your skills and knowledge, we want to get to know you in the application process. Please include a cover letter (of no more than 1 page) with answers to the following:
• What interests you about this internship?
• What professional skills would you like to add to your toolbox in the months and years to come to grow in your career field?
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Physical Demands:
• Required to sit for extended periods of time.
• Required to move about in the community.
• Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping.
• Working Conditions:
• Moderate noise level.
• Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.
MacMillan Internship & Fellowship Program at MPR|APM
Minnesota Public Radio | American Public Media are grateful for the long-time, generous philanthropy of Whitney and Elizabeth MacMillan for investing in the future of public media through transformational internships and fellowships. Their recent grant will significantly strengthen our internship program, produce enriching programming, and prepare the next generation for careers in public media. We are pleased to recognize this generous support in the name of the program – the MacMillan Internship & Fellowship Program at MPR|APM.