Host, The Current
American Public Media GroupSaint Paul, MN
This was removed by the employer on 9/21/2023 2:10:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Podcast Category
Search for Host, The Current jobs in Saint Paul-MN
Search all Host, The Current postings
Part Time Job
Host, The Current (On- Call)
Who We Are:
The mission of American Public Media Group (APMG) is to enrich the mind and nourish the spirit, thereby enhancing the lives and expanding the perspectives of our audiences and assisting them in strengthening their communities. We aspire to be the leader in creating trusted and meaningful listening experiences with and for curious people, and we seek to create a diverse, inclusive culture focused on growth and outcomes to serve our audiences.
APMG's primary operating divisions Minnesota Public Radio, Southern California Public Radio and American Public Media offer multi-regional FM broadcast channels, website, mobile and social media channels, live events, national content creation and distribution. Together, these divisions operate 49 public radio stations and 42 translators serving regional audiences in eight states from Minnesota, Michigan and the Upper Midwest to Idaho and California; distribute a portfolio of more than twenty national programs reaching nearly 20MM listeners weekly through 1,000 radio stations; serve rapidly growing audiences on digital, social and mobile platforms; and produce an increasing and diverse array of podcasts featuring the best in food, culture, entertainment, mental health, water, early brain development, business and investigative journalism.
As the Host, you will do on-call air-shifts on The Current. Your role may also work on digital initiatives and new content developed by The Current. You will be part of a team creating innovative on-air and digital content with the country's premiere music discovery media enterprise.
Work Schedule: Varies by shift assignment
Compensation Range: $24.84 - $30/hour. Exact hourly rate determined by experience and education related to the role, organizational compensation structure and internal equity.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
• Schedule and perform live and voice-tracked air shifts using The Current’s playlist and music library and craft compelling on-air breaks.
• Operate the broadcast board, play to air system, and all studio equipment.
• Perform voice overs for shows, content, promos and underwriting as assigned.
• Prepare for and interview musicians and others as assigned.
• Write intros, interview questions, promos and scripts as assigned.
• Host and create content for The Current’s digital platforms as assigned.
• Participate in the promotion of Minnesota Public Radio, including public appearances and on-air fundraising activities.
• Understand and comply with FCC Broadcast Regulations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
• BA or equivalent experience required.
• 1-3 years of relevant broadcast experience or equivalent is required
, Knowledge and Abilities:
• In depth knowledge of the music heard on The Current and a strong sense of the musical direction and sound the station seeks to create and maintain.
• Engaging on-air presence.
• Curiosity and enthusiasm about ways to bring new listeners to the station.
• Ability to work with others in a goal-oriented team environment.
• Knowledge and appreciation of the current music scene/community in the Twin Cities and throughout Minnesota.
• Ability to develop contacts and professional relationships in the Minnesota music community.
• Fluency in social media and blogs
• Knowledge of Music Master and Dalet is helpful
• Experience in announcing and production is preferred.
• Knowledge of the radio and music industry, including the non-commercial public radio operational model.
Reporting To This Position: None
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
• Physical Demands:
• Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
• Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping.
• Working Conditions:
• Moderate noise level
• Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.