American Public Media GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/26/2023 9:10:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the Podcast Category
Browse the Radio Category
Search for Audio Engineer jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Audio Engineer postings
Full Time Job
The Audio Engineer’s focus is the production of high-quality audio for a multi-platform delivery of broadcast, podcasts, along with an over-all understanding of in-house audio equipment including digital audio workstations, signal processing software and hardware. This position will work with producers, reporters, and editors to facilitate and ensure the highest standards in media production for the Marketplace Morning Report. This position is for a minimum of 32 hours per week with a schedule of 2:00 AM PT to 8:30 AM PT Monday through Friday.
Application Deadline: September 27, 2023
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
Expected Compensation Range: $70,200 - $85,800/yr. Exact salary determined by experience and education related to the role, organizational compensation structure and internal equity.
• Record, edit, mix audio elements to produce the highest quality audio.
• Maintain knowledge and operational skill in digital audio production using in-house software-editing platforms. Currently utilized systems include Adobe Audition, Dalet Galaxy and Pro Tools.
• Maintain a working knowledge of the distribution signal path for broadcast and program delivery.
• Maintain knowledge and operational skill for IP Networks, mix minus, signal processing (both software and hardware) and other systems that may arise in the future.
• Collaborate with show hosts, producers, directors and editors to accommodate the needs of production.
• Drive and backup engineer for live on-air broadcast.
• Ability to troubleshoot.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Provide first tier technical support.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or technical degree or…
• 4 years of experience in audio production, pre and post, studio and/or live.
• Computer literate with experience using both PC and Mac platforms.
Requirements and Abilities:
• Willingness to work weekends, holidays, evenings, and overnight, when required.
• Access to transportation and the ability to travel to locations outside of the studios.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and within a team.
• Excellent time management with the ability to multi-task.
• Excellent soft skills in attitude and communication.
• Demonstrate a willingness to learn.
• Be a part of support team for the strategic goals of the company.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
• Physical Demands:
• Required to move about in an office environment
• Required to move about in the community
• Reach with hands and arms
• Balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch
• Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping
• Required to lift standard audio equipment and computers up to 50 lbs
• Working Conditions:
• Moderate noise level
• Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions
Reporting to this Position: None
APMG offers a comprehensive benefits package including Medical plans with HSA and FSA options, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Paid Parental Leave and Paid Caregiver Leave after 1 year, Vacation (3 wks/per year, pro-rated, based on hours worked), Sick time (12 days, pro-rated, based on hours worked), Holiday Pay (10 holidays 2 floating holidays each year), Volunteer Time (8 hours per year), Long-Term Care and Critical Illness insurance options, Employee Assistance Program, 403(b) Retirement Plan, and more.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.