Audience Engagement Coordinator
American Public Media GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Audience Engagement Coordinator, Apm Studios
Who We Are:
American Public Media Studios produces a slate of award-winning podcasts including In the Dark, Terrible, Thanks for Asking, Don’t Ask Tig, The Slowdown, Smash Boom Best, and Brains On! The department is growing quickly and adding shows every season. We make podcasts for curious listeners across age groups, and our shows explore new ideas, uncover truths and tell human stories. And we need you to help us reach and engage more listeners — across channels — as we grow our list of shows.
This role is perfectly suited for people who love podcasts and engaging audiences across multiple platforms. APM’s Audience Engagement Coordinator will work across teams and oversee the operations of APM Studios’ podcast portfolio that include some of the most popular podcasts in the country, including comedy, lifestyle, food and cooking, self-help, and other genres. The Coordinator will also work with production and marketing teams, uploading and optimizing digital content and helping with new and existing show promotion at every stage.
Compensation Range: $60,665 - $75,831 annual salary, exact compensation rate determined by experience and education related to the role, organizational compensation, and internal equity.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Location: Los Angeles, CA or Remote U.S.A.
• Alongside the Director of Audience Growth, execute the digital audience development strategies for APM’s podcast portfolio within APM Studios
• Schedule and post all social content for the APM Studios current and future shows, including Don’t Ask Tig, The Slowdown, Terrible, Thanks for Asking, Too Beautiful To Live, and more
• Work with production teams to understand and define editorial priorities and content ideas for social media promotion
• When necessary, produce promotional digital content for social media channels and websites, including graphics, audiograms, and other multimedia content
• Assist with training show producers and hosts on CMS, SEO, and social media best practices to engage with the audience on both the show accounts as well as their own social media accounts
• Collaborate with the marketing team to create and execute plans for new show launches and strategies for growing existing shows’ audiences
• Work across APM teams to define and reach target audiences as well as develop and implement strategies to engage those audiences to deepen ongoing connections with them in meaningful — and measurable — ways
• Continuously cultivate a diverse and inclusive social media presence by monitoring commentary on APM Studios’ profiles
• With the Director of Growth and Audience Insights team, analyze audience, traffic, and social media data and provide observations to production teams on a regular basis
• Set up and maintain tracking links across social media, newsletters, and other marketing channels
• Additional duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
• At least 2-3 years of digital content strategy experience for B2C social media profiles
• Proficient in social listening, competitive analysis, and/or audience/consumer insights tools
• At least 1 year of experience working with digital platform tools (Facebook Business Manager, Instagram Insights, YouTube Analytics, Facebook Audience Insights, Twitter analytics, etc)
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Journalism, or related field preferred
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Forward-thinking approach toward digital and on-demand media industries
• Passion and enthusiasm for podcasts (we don’t just market them; we love them)
• Well-established depth of digital skills, and an understanding of the need for developing multiple touchpoints for digital audiences
• Understanding of social media best practices.
• The ability to self-edit work
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Some creative, graphic design, and video production skills are a big plus, even on an editing level
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently
Reporting to this Position: None
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Ability to manage some work outside of standard office hours as needed.
• Physical Demands:
• Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
• Required to move about in the community
• Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping
• Working Conditions:
• Moderate noise level
• Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.