Associate Producer I, Marketplace, On-Demand
American Public Media GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Associate Producer I, Marketplace, On-Demand (Temp)
Who We Are:
It's an exciting time to join Marketplace. We are an industry leader in telling meaningful and creative stories on the radio with close to 13 million listeners, and we're evolving into a multi-media enterprise centered around the ambition of raising the economic intelligence of all Americans. Marketplace is an ambitious shop, fueled by ambitious ideas. This is a place of creativity and unorthodox thinking. We don't take ourselves too seriously, even though we understand the critical importance of people understanding how the economy shapes the world around us.
Marketplace seeks an associate producer to work across our growing podcast portfolio. This producer would work on Marketplace podcasts, including our popular news and culture podcast Make Me Smart. If you like connecting with listeners and examining the news through different perspectives, this is the job for you!
This is a temporary, 6-month position, with potential for extension.
Location: Remote U.S.A.
Application Deadline: May 13, 2022
Minimum Compensation: St. Paul - $22.62/hr. | New York - $27.15/hr. | Los Angeles - $26.04/hr. This position can sit remotely, and exact hourly rate determined by experience and education related to the role, organizational compensation structure, geographic location, and internal equity.
• Contributes to podcast episodes as assigned, including researching, booking, and pre-interviewing guests, and writing, as assigned.
• Participate in group edits, and use feedback to edit interviews, pieces, and episodes.
• Contribute story and episode ideas to small team.
• Contribute to hands-on production work, like cutting and editing audio, pulling copy, maintaining archives and records, and scheduling host and/or studio time.
• Write, produce, and edit within required deadlines.
• Find and cut for the best interview and tape moments.
• Research topics and fact check stories, book, and pre-interview guests.
• Write scripts and prepares stories and episodes for final mix, or adapt episodes for other platforms, including social, digital, or broadcast
• Participate in new podcast ideation and pitching, and new podcast piloting, as required.
• Help coordinate special projects, as assigned.
• Cross train on multiple shows, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
• College degree or relevant experience.
• 3 years of relevant work experience in audio or radio.
• Experience editing digital audio.
• Experience working on a show or podcast, preferably national.
, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Ability to quickly write and edit compelling content for a variety of platforms.
• Ability to prioritize among competing tasks.
• High editorial and audio standards.
• Production experience in digital audio or radio.
• Resourcefulness and ability to problem-solve.
• Independence, positive attitude, initiative, and excellent judgment.
• Field production experience, preferred.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Interest and ability to pitch in where needed and take on new duties as assigned.
Reporting To This Position: None
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Ability to manage some work outside of standard office hours as needed.
• Physical Demands:
• Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
• Required to move about in the community
• Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping
• Working Conditions:
• Moderate noise level
• Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.