Accounting and Program Associate
American HumaneStudio City, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Accounting and Program Associate jobs in Studio City-CA
American Humane seeks a highly-motivated self-starter with superb attention to detail, excellent follow-thru, and outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to join American Humane Hollywood's No Animals Were Harmed® Program as the Accounting & Program Associate. This position will be hybrid; the person will work both remotely and in-person in our Studio City, CA Office.
- Manage the payroll process:
- Review timesheets and investigate discrepancies to ensure accuracy and proper coding.
- Determine eligibility for and calculate meal premiums and stipends.
- Ensure overtime calculations meet company policies.
- Enter timesheets into employee portal for payroll processing.
- Meet payroll deadlines and follow-up with Certified Animal Safety Reps to ensure timely and accurate completion and submission of timesheets.
- Expense report review and processing
- Ensure proper coding for all accounting data based on chart of accounts.
- Maintain accounting records, including copying and filing documents.
- Cross-train and collaborate with Accounting & Grant Manager to develop & present financial reports, including creating power point presentations and excel spreadsheets for senior management.
- Assist with billing to productions as needed to support Accounting/Grant Manager.
- Responsible for processing contracts as needed.
- Cross -train with Travel Coordinator in order to assist with or take the lead on travel coordination as needed.
- Utilize FileMaker Pro to enter program data such as hours worked, scheduled days, cost center coding, etc.
- Support senior staff in managing administrative tasks as needed; special projects as assigned.
= Essential experience, knowledge, skills and abilities
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter, who is focused, detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and has strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited institution preferred, or equivalent years of experience in bookkeeping or other applicable work.
- Up to 3 years' experience in accounting, payroll or grants management work, strongly preferred.
- Solid, working knowledge of accounting and financial principles and best practices.
- Data entry experience preferred (MS Dynamics experience desirable, but not essential)
- Proficient working in a Windows Operating system and with Microsoft Office Suite, including Teams, Word, Outlook, Power Point
- Expert working knowledge of and highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience working in or quickly able to learn a payroll system's time and attendance module (Paylocity)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive with ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a small office.
- Able to prioritize, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Self-directed to take action and resolve issues.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Exceptionally strong administrative and organizational skills
- Sound judgement and discretion in handling and securing confidential information.
- Conduct oneself in a highly professional manner.
=Physical demands and work environment:
- Position will be a hybrid of in-office and remote-telework based out of the Studio City, CA office location with regular telework schedule based on organizational policy, need and manager discretion.
- Must be able to work from a computer screen and type on a keyboard for extended periods of time as well as talk, hear and exchange information over the telephone, computer and in person.
- Staff bring personal pets to the office, so will need to be comfortable around animals (in particular, dogs).
- American Humane's core values define our workplace, and these values serve as the cornerstone for interactions in advancing our mission and institutional goals. Employees are expected to adhere to all organizational policies and to act as role models, demonstrating
American Humane's core values:
Compassion - Being kind and caring in our interactions with others.
Accountability - Holding ourselves to the highest standards. Following through on commitments and owning our actions, behavior, and decisions.
Respect for All - Being professional, listening to others and honoring diversity in all its forms.
Loyalty to Mission - Staying focused on our purpose and our mission - our nation's most vulnerable depend on us.
Sustainability - Contributing to being a great place to work and achieving our shared mission and goals to make a difference, now and in the future.
Honesty, Integrity, Trust - Demonstrating transparency, as trusted stewards of donor resources, supporting our leadership and one another.
American Humane (AH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to fostering and growing diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and the humane space.
American Humane will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance