American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Web Developer is responsible for both front-end and back-end web development; this included modifying websites, from layout to function and according to wireframes or design. Additionally, the Web Developer supports the creative strategies and campaigns for, but not limited to, AFI's website and web content, with an understanding of design translation from print to social media and web uses as well as executing and maintaining electronic communications for all AFI programs and audiences
• Develop and update websites in a WordPress multisite environment, including custom pages, posts, themes and plugins.
• Create layout and code for AFI email newsletters and web content.
• Execute and maintain e-mail newsletters and systems for AFI programs and audiences.
• Review, update and maintain website content.
• Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
• Collaborate with the Director, Web Services, Communications Strategist and Director, Creative Services to optimize Web functionality, site architecture, user interface and navigation.
• Understand the creative and marketing objectives for each project assigned and ensure deadlines for assigned projects are met.
• Maintain accuracy and attention to detail throughout the creative and production process.
• Work with the Director, Creative Services and Director, Web Services to determine AFI's creative digital direction and contribute to ongoing evolution and maintenance of visual web style guide.
• Collaborate with and incorporate direction from AFI departments and programs.
• Handle multiple projects simultaneously while ensuring all are completed within the deadline date.
• Work with the team to keep projects on schedule, follow the internal approval processes and assist in removing obstacles throughout the web projects life cycle.
• Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
• Proofread work for spelling and grammar to ensure accuracy and clarify of the final copy.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
• Three to four years professional experience programming for the web.
• Proficient in PHP, HTML, CSS and responsive design.
• Experience managing/developing in a WordPress multisite environment.
• Experience with Google Analytics and SEO.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including strong grammatical and proofreading abilities, coupled with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Excellent computer skills with proficiency with Software Application: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, HTML editor, FTP, MS Office, all browser suites, Mac OS, Windows.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion with minimal supervision.
• Ability to collaborate with all departments/levels of the organization and outside third parties in a highly professional manner.
• Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills coupled with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion.
• Possess a positive and professional attitude with the ability to work as a member of a high-energy, results oriented team.
• Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online