Theater Manager Temp AFI Fest
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/13/2021 3:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Theater Manager Temp AFI Fest jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Theater Manager Temp AFI Fest postings
Full Time Job
The Theater Manager is responsible for overseeing the admission protocols, line management,
screening management and general maintenance of their assigned theater.
• Oversee line management outside the theater venues.
• Assist filmmaker(s) with the introduction to the AFI FEST representative responsible for
introducing their respective film, seating logistics and any theater technical concerns.
• Collaborate with the Theater and Event Technical teams and Festival workers to ensure films start
• Collaborate with the Theater and Event Technical team to ensure post-screening Q&A runs
smoothly and on time.
• Track total attendance in assigned theater, including ballots, badge types and press.
• Maintain a theater specific log and master site log reporting on any issues that occur, actual
start, end time and attendance.
• Oversee all ushers, line supervisors and entry scanning.
• Ensure safe operations and emergency protocols.
• Attend daily Theater and Event Technical, Programming and Operations team meetings.
• Ensure seating for the jury members for any competition screening.
• Oversee all reserved seating unless otherwise instructed.
• Liaise with TCL Chinese and TCL Chinese 6-Plex staffed ushers as necessary.
• Assist with Premiere execution as assigned.
• In collaboration with the AFI COVID Compliance Officer ensure COVID check points and safety
procedures for staff, and attendees are in place for entry and work-related tasks.
• Assist the Theater Operations and Presentations Manager in the creation of a comprehensive
wrap report (e.g., procedural outline, comments on the operation of the festival, suggestions
and recommendations for improvement, etc.).
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Minimum two years experience in theater or venue management at a prominent film festival.
• Knowledge of film festival environment and international film community.
• Excellent computer skills with strong knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with
FileMaker Pro database and a professional box office ticketing system is preferred.
• Strong leadership, time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate
follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture
• Ability to work independently while being an integral member of a high-functioning team.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and
procedures in simplistic terms.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain
complete confidentiality and discretion.
• Possess a positive and professional attitude with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to deal with rapidly shifting priorities in a fast-paced team environment.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Personal integrity with the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the film and television community is desired.
The Theater Manager performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of
the Director, Theater Operations and Presentations