Supervisor, Set Production Services
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/20/2020 1:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Supervisor, Set Production Services jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Supervisor, Set Production Services postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Supervisor, Set Production Services? POSITION: Supervisor, Set Production Services
LOCATION: Los Angeles Campus
The Supervisor, Set Production Services is responsible for the overall operation and management of the AFI Soundstages, both on campus and at AFI's remote soundstage facility. The Supervisor is also responsible for the set construction function including facilities management, staff supervision, budget management, and oversight of Fellow activities.
• Oversee all Conservatory stages and construction areas for both production and instructional needs.
• Ensure all stages and construction areas are clean, neat and organized.
• Ensure strict adherence to the safety standards for all stages and construction areas as established and defined by NASAD and WASC, OSHA, AFI's insurance carriers, and other health and safety entities as required.
• Establish and maintain current safety policies and procedures for all stages and construction areas.
• Create a safety program for the Fellows to ensure that proper use of equipment and safety gear are top priorities.
• Instruct Fellows on safety precautions and procedures for all soundstages and construction areas.
• Supervise equipment use and ensure equipment is properly inventoried, maintained, and stored.
• Run Production Safety meetings.
• Participate and contribute to the selection of teams to shoot on the soundstages.
• Under advisement of the Discipline Head, Production Design, instruct Fellows on the construction of flats and sets in preparation for first year set builds, .
• Manage the construction and dismantling of sets.
• Manage scheduling of all First Year Fellows to fulfill their two-hour hands on construction requirement.
• Manage the purchasing of materials and equipment for all soundstages and construction areas.
• Manage the equipment donation program; this includes cultivating vendors, such as studios, in order to enhance the AFI Conservatory inventory of production and set related equipment and supplies.
• Develop and maintain inventory management systems for all stage and construction equipment.
• Instruct and monitor progress for each Fellow on use of construction equipment.
• Implement and manage certification protocols for fellow use of materials and equipment.
• Oversee all crew preparation of the stages for cinematography, directing and production design classes.
• Develop systems to maintain order in the mill space and flat storage/scene dock area in the most cost-effective manner possible.
• Implement improvements and refinements to the physical plant, this includes researching costs (ensuring adherence to budgetary limitations) and supervising all work performed in-house.
• Supervise staff to ensure the effective, efficient and safe running of the stages and construction sets.
• Instruct and train production design Fellows in the basics of set construction and safe construction practices.
• Collaborate with AFI Conservatory faculty and administration as required.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum two years experience in set design, set construction, and/or production design in a real world environment.
• Demonstrated competence in basic carpentry.
• Experience working on a film or television production.
• Ability to mentor students and collaborate with faculty and staff.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion.
• Experience in Production Safety, OSHA compliance and risk management.
• Teaching or mentoring experience, or demonstrated ability to teach complex concepts and procedures in a clear fashion.
• Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills coupled with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Good computer skills with strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel and various calendar, scheduling, and inventory management software.
• Detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
• Ability to work independently while being an integral member of a high-functioning team.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion with minimal supervision.
• Possess a positive and professional attitude with multiple stakeholders
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Personal integrity with the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
The Supervisor, Set Production Services performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Production Head, AFI Conservatory. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.