Supervisor, Conservatory Camera Department
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Supervisor, Conservatory Camera Department is responsible for managing the daily operations and staff of the Conservatory Camera Department (CCD), a sub department of Production Equipment Services, which provides equipment for Cinematography classes, Conservatory and AFI productions.
• Supervise, train and schedule the CCD staff's daily workflow and activities.
• Supervise the maintenance of the CCD equipment and facility, performing minor repairs as needed.
• Manage the equipment checkout and Quality Control (QC) process.
• Manage the camera and sound material resources and computerized inventory; report any Loss & Damage (L&D).
• Schedule and manage camera tests, and instruct and advise the Fellows in the proper use of camera and sound equipment.
• Manage and track the camera and sound equipment physical and computerized inventory.
• Manage all production and class camera request lists in the Flex inventory system.
• Manage, schedule and approve the allotment of camera and sound equipment for Cycle, Thesis, Visual Essays and DWW, as well as any other AFI productions.
• Coordinate class equipment needs with Cinematography faculty.
• Determine CCD sub-rental equipment and expendables needs for classes and productions, and order from vendors.
• Consult with and advise Cinematography Fellows regarding their production camera equipment requests.
• Instruct, mentor and advise Fellows on proper use of camera equipment, including during camera tests.
• Supervise the equipment checkout, check-in and QC process for camera and sound equipment.
• Supervise the Fellows inspection of equipment packages.
• Supervise the ''on call'' process during weekends and evenings to respond to production teams regarding equipment issues.
• Inspect returned equipment for functionality and/or damage.
• Record and report CCD L&D to Conservatory Lighting Services (CLS) Manager and Administrative Assistant.
• Design and manage all equipment checkout forms, and post online.
• Maintain communication with vendors regarding equipment needs, rentals and purchases.
• Project equipment needs for CCD and recommend appropriate purchases and rentals to the Director, Production Equipment Services.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Minimum five years of Experience in cinematography and film production.
• Minimum two years supervisory experience.
• Extensive knowledge of camera equipment, parts and usage.
• Working knowledge of sound equipment.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities.
• Ability to work independently while being an integral member of a high-functioning team.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion with minimal supervision.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills coupled with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Strong computer skills with strong knowledge in Microsoft Office, DaVinci Resolve and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
• Possess a positive and professional attitude with the ability to work as a member of a high-energy, results oriented team.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Personal integrity with the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
• Working knowledge of computer inventory systems preferred.
• Valid Driver's License.
The Supervisor, Conservatory Camera Department performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Director, Production Equipment Services.
A great benefits package that includes full medical dental and vision benefits (we pay 75% you pay 25%) Flexible Spending Account, Two life insurance plans, a retirement plan, 3 weeks of vacation, 2 personal days, 12 days of sick leave, and 2 separate weeks of paid time off during the holidays
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online