Senior Manager, Institutional Giving
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Senior Manager, Institutional Giving, a frontline fundraiser, is responsible for managing a robust portfolio of foundation donors and prospects as well as government grants. The Senior Manager will develop strategy, actively identify and engage prospects, directly solicit and submit proposals, and steward foundation donors and government grants in support of a broad range of AFI's strategic initiatives including the AFI Conservatory, AFI Exhibition programs, operating support, capital and endowment campaigns, special events and special project fundraising.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive annual strategic plan for institutional fundraising geared toward meeting annual budgeted goals and maximizing institutional revenue for AFI.
• Collaborate with AFI program directors and Conservatory leadership to identify key program priorities and engage faculty in solicitation and stewardship activities.
• Manage an active pipeline of prospects through identification, research, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and tracking of donor activity.
• Regularly update prospect lists for Board and staff using the AFI Database, Tessitura, as a central management resource.
• Proactively create relationships with foundation prospects and existing donors and engage in strategic conversations about philanthropic motivations and potential matches with AFI programs.
• Liaise with key institutional donors and as the primary relationship manager, coordinate all aspects of the institutional donor relationships while maintaining the highest standard of customer service and stewardship.
• In collaboration with AFI content experts, write tailored proposals, create project budgets and gather supplemental information needed for grant submissions.
• Provide leadership to AFI's grants program, managing all facets of the process from identification through stewardship, ensuring standards and processes of the program are in place to allow for sharing resources and information with colleagues.
• Manage and execute fulfillment and reporting requirements for all foundation and government grants.
• Collaborate with the Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships on donor strategy for corporate foundation contributors to ensure a coordinated and strategic approach.
• Support the Senior Director, National Advancement in the development and implementation of the overall department policies.
• Perform other duties as assigned in support of AFI goals and mission.
• Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
• Minimum five years in a professional advancement position with at least three years in soliciting and writing grants and foundation relations a plus.
• Demonstrated success in identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of corporate, foundation, and government grants.
• Demonstrated ability to function at the highest level of professionalism and fundraising ethics in the execution of all responsibilities.
• Understanding of non-profit accounting standards for preparation of financial reports and programmatic budgets for funders.
• Knowledge of foundation and government funding structures and processes is essential.
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication, including strong grammatical and proofreading abilities.
• Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and mentoring.
• Superior oral, written communication and presentation skills; detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy and clarity.
• Demonstrated initiative, self-confidence, creativity and entrepreneurial skills; ability to work as a member of a high-functioning, results-oriented team but also with the capacity to work independently and as a self-starter.
• Excellent computer skills and knowledge of resources to identify and research foundations, strong database management skills with Tessitura database is a plus.
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills and the ability to negotiate with tact and diplomacy.
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with Board, donors, volunteers and staff in the academic and professional environment.
• Genuine interest in film and support of AFI's mission with natural ability to articulate this mission and role to others.
• Periodic travel for solicitation and event management required.
• Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
SUPERVISION: The Senior Manager, Institutional Giving performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Senior Director, National Advancement.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online