Senior Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/27/2020 3:40:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Senior Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion? PRINCIPLE RESPOSIBILITIES:
In cooperation with the President of the American Film Institute and the Dean, AFI Conservatory and Executive Vice President AFI, the Senior Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) will implement a robust and comprehensive vision to ensure a collaborative, equitable and dynamic community at the American Film Institute.
Combining a robust knowledge of the film and television industries with demonstrated experience managing programs, processes and groups designed to increase awareness and understanding, the Senior Manager, DE&I will collaborate with all stakeholders across AFI to create an action plan to support constituents of the Institute.
The Senior Manager will also collaborate to create an environment that promotes inclusion through dynamic structures, customs and leadership.
• Under the guidance of the President & CEO and the Dean, AFI Conservatory and Executive Vice President, AFI, create and implement a five-year strategic plan for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at AFI, with special interest paid to:
• On-boarding protocols for all new staff, faculty and Fellows.
• Regular programming that continues the ongoing collective and comprehensive understanding of the challenges faced by underrepresented communities.
• A recruitment strategy that leverages relationships with diverse communities and the LGBT+ community to enhance AFI's reputation and increase visibility of these groups among the AFI constituency.
• Design and oversee learning opportunities and forums to foster open dialogue and discussions surrounding cultural proficiency to build stronger relationships between staff, faculty and Fellows of all backgrounds.
• Provide recommendations on the goals, policies, training, tools, change strategies, metrics, and accountability structures that best promotes the DE&I function and its mission.
• Support continuous learning across AFI while providing guidance and consultation to the Senior Management Team to ensure all segments of the population maintain an equitable chance for success and growth within our programs and operational functions.
• Collaborate with the Manager, Diversity, AFI Conservatory, on projects and programs designed to continue to expand on the diverse recruitment of Faculty and Fellows and to heighten the inclusive experiences of members of underrepresented or marginalized communities within the Conservatory.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Experience leading diversity & inclusion initiatives.
• Knowledge and understanding of the issues surrounding access, equity, diversity, inclusion, implicit bias, and institutional racism; ability and experience developing and implementing strategies to identify and define complex equity and inclusion issues.
• Understanding and appreciation for the role of DE&I in visual storytelling - past, present and future.
• Experience communicating effectively both verbally and in writing to front-line staff, managers, executive leadership, teams, Board members, partners and diverse stakeholder groups.
• Experience developing relationships with underserved or underrepresented communities, diverse communities and differently able communities.
• Knowledge and experience facilitating and leading challenging conversations.
• Knowledge of employment law as it relates to competency-based hiring.
• Knowledge of best practices and innovative talent trends in the marketplace.
• Knowledge of gathering, analyzing and reporting diversity & inclusion metrics.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simple terms.
• Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong diplomacy skills and consistent professionalism are mandatory; this includes ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion.
• Possess a positive and professional attitude with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
The Senior Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the President and CEO. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.