Senior Director, Innovative Programming-Contractor
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Senior Director, Innovative Programming serves as a consultant responsible for the development of short-term programming to support a variety of initiatives proposed by the Dean of the AFI Conservatory. This includes, but is not limited to curriculum-building pilot programs, as well as new and existing community outreach and inclusivity programs for underrepresented storyellers. The Senior Director, Innovative Programming will oversee the establishment of both revenue-generating and externally-funded programs supported by corporate sponsorship and individual giving.
The Senior Director has functional oversight for program management and strategic planning, and will work in consultation with the Dean and the Vice Dean of Administration developing and managing revenue.
• Develop a five year plan for programs that position the AFI Conservatory to expand upon the Master's curriculum across disciplines, as well as expanding on more inclusive programming to bring greater cultural diversity and inclusion to campus programs.
• Oversight of instructional and staffing needs for new and existing short term programs such as Young Filmmakers, Directing Workshop, Cinematographer's Workshop.
• Work in collaboration with Discipline Heads and other academic leadership to develop related curriculum and program plans.
• Collaborate with the AFI Conservatory Emerging Technology Consultant in developing new programs.
• Collaborate with the Vice Dean of Administration to manage programmatic budgets, ensuring fiscal responsibility and adherence to AFI financial principles.
• Collaborate cross-departmentally at AFI on marketing, recruitment, and contract negotiations as needed to support programs, workshops, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum 7-10 years academic program development and delivery experience.
• Thorough knowledge of current film and production trends and programs required, experience working in the film industry strongly preferred.
• Previous experience building and maintaining relationships for corporate sponsorship opportunities preferred.
• Thorough and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills.
• Thorough analytical skills to conduct needs assessment and develop recommendations, demonstrating organization and problem-solving skills.
• Previous experience with programmatic budgeting.
• Personal integrity with the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
• Ability to listen to and respond to a diverse group of constituents.
• Demonstrated skill in using business software, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Database solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to foster collaborative team environments, with track record in functioning with academic and staff personnel at all levels.
• Ability to pivot around changing priorities and needs.
The Senior Director, Innovative Programming performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Dean, AFI Conservatory and Executive Vice President, AFI.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online