Prop Room Assistant
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/18/2020 10:45:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Prop Room Assistant jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Prop Room Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Prop Room Assistant? POSITION: Prop Room Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Production Services
LOCATION: Los Angeles Campus
The Prop Room Assistant is responsible for coordinating and supporting the Production Design faculty, Instructors, Teaching the needs of the Production Design Discipline Head. Coordinate with and support Faculty, Instructors, Teaching Assistants and Staff in the completion of their duties pertaining to the use of Production Design materials and resources
• Organize and maintain the organization in the 3 prop room locations on the AFI Campus.
• Responsible for orderly procedures of tagging, checking in and out of the props and set dressing for all the AFI Cycle and thesis groups that use the AFI Prop Rooms.
• Enforce and collect fees (as listed in the AFI Production Handbook) from any AFI cycle or thesis group that destroy, lose or return props late.
• Maintain an organized and net environment at all times.
• Provide support and instruction to Fellows and team regarding proper procedure for use of resources.
• Assist in tracking and recording of prop inventory.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Minimum two years experience in production and/or set or costume design.
• Knowledge and experience of professional film/video production.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
• Can work independently while being an integral member of a high-functioning team.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion with minimal supervision.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills coupled with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Excellent computer skills with strong knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel or other database management software.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion at all times attitude.
• Possess a positive and professional attitude with the ability to work as a member of a high-energy, results oriented team.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.