Production Location Scout
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Job
Production Location Scout (Temp)
The Production Location Scout is responsible for the procurement of Fellow shooting location options for both Cycle and Thesis productions through the creation and maintenance of an AFI Locations.
Additionally, the Production Location Scout will work with teams to help them understand the role of a professional location scout to help prepare them for working with such a position on an industry production.
• Create and maintain an AFI Locations Database with digital access for all Fellows.
• Facilitate relationships with location owners and managers who are willing to work with Fellows for low budget student films.
• Coordinate connections between Location Managers and Producers to assist Fellows in finding locations that best serve their film needs.
• Asist Fellows with location paperwork.
• Instruct producing Fellows on the basics of Location Scouting and how they can best utilize a Location Scout's services.
• Fill in knowledge and experience gaps where possible by providing professional insight and advice surrounding film location scouting.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Minimum two years' experience as a location scout in the film industry.
• Demonstrated competence in location scouting.
• Experience working on film and/or television production.
• Basic office computer competency, including the MS Office suite.
• Ability to create picture and video-based database of potential film locations that can be easily shared over the internet under socially distant circumstances.
• Ability to mentor students and collaborate with faculty and staff.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion.
• Experience in production safety, including Covid-19 set operating procedures, location ventilation needs, and risk management.
• Teaching or mentoring experience or demonstrated ability to teach complex concepts and procedures in a clear fashion.
• Ability to work independently while being an integral member of a high-functioning team.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Personal integrity with the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
The Production Location Scout performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Manager of Physical Production and the Production Head, AFI Conservatory.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online