Media Services Technician
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Job
The Media Services Technician is responsible for providing technical support to, and professional presentation for, all campus screening rooms, as well as for other campus events as needed.
• Run 35mm film screenings
• Run video projection, and data interface with film and video.
• Perform digital cinema (DCP) projection, including tracking, receiving and ingesting digital cinema media and related content.
• Provide computer and projection set up for on campus presentations (e.g., staff meetings, etc.)
• Perform quality checks and prepares film and equipment for presentations.
• Set up and operate Media Services equipment for all programs and events, including dailies screenings, seminars, film and video screenings, audio recordings and distribution, computer presentations and rental events.
• Obtain and organize media/clips while coordinating with staff, faculty and outside rentals to operate campus theater and classroom spaces efficiently and effectively.
• Provide technical support to faculty and Fellows for any projection related issues.
• Assist in repairs and maintenance of all Media Services equipment.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Minimum three years experience in 35mm film projection.
• Experience in audio/video presentation, set-up and practical knowledge of digital playback and projection/displays.
• Experience with digital cinema (DCP) equipment and projection.
• Experience with audio reinforcement and recording.
• Knowledge of audio-visual computer software and hardware.
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical issues with electronic and computer equipment .
• Working knowledge of film industry and production experience preferred.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
• Ability to work independently while being an integral member of a high-functioning team.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion with minimal supervision.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion.
• Possess a positive and professional attitude with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
• Available to work evenings and weekends, and daytime shifts as needed.
AFI requires that all employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to limited medical or religious exceptions.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online