Marketing & Communications Assistant
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Marketing & Communications Assistant is responsible for providing a wide variety of administrative support services for the Chief Communications Officer and the Marcom team. This includes, but is not limited to, matters pertaining to (1) basic project management; (2) meeting scheduling, (3) expense tracking; (4) document and report generation; and (5) information tracking and reporting.
• Provide all core administrative functions to the Chief Communications Officer, including answering incoming calls and calendar management.
• Act as a primary liaison for marketing and communications-related questions/deliverables internally and externally.
• Manage general information voicemail and e-mail inboxes.
• Primary architect of the project management ecosystem for the department. This includes drafting project briefs, tracking new approved materials and managing deadlines for various deliverables.
• Coordinate with the Finance department on the invoice and purchase order process for payment of Marcom expenditures.
• Track and reconcile individual expense reports for department members.
• Maintain working knowledge of all Marcom department budget codes from Finance department.
• Liaise between Marcom and the other departments to schedule meetings and update campaigns using project management tools.
• Serve as primary contact for our Cision media monitoring account and create bespoke reports and dashboards on projects as directed.
• Assist in preparation of web and social media analytics for the department.
• Generate weekly breaks memo to be distributed organization-wide and archive them within the AFI intranet.
• Conduct research to analyze market trends, marketing training seminars, competitive landscape as well as research specific AFI campaigns and projects.
• Provide logistical support as needed.
• Traffic creative deliverables to meet deadlines.
• Manage and distribute standard language for the organization.
• Track and review assets required for on-going programs including AFI Movie Club, AFI Conservatory seminars & In Focus videos.
• Assist in tracking content for monthly newsletters, working closely with Senior Editorial Associate and the Written Communications Manager.
• Maintain department filing system, ensuring a high degree of accuracy and organization.
• Order all Marcom department supplies.
• Compile information and generate reports as requested.
• Performs other duties and assignments as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum two to three years strong administrative experience supporting a busy, multi-person department.
• Demonstrated experience exercising independent judgement and action when dealing with co-workers, management, vendors, and external contacts on a variety of matters, and must have the ability to maintain a high level of organization in the performance of all duties.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
• Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills while functioning as an integral member of a fast-paced, high-functioning, results oriented team; ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Strong diplomacy skills and consistent professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion.
• Experience with media monitoring services, such as Cision.
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); Microsoft Planner; Adobe Acrobat; Zendesk or a comparable project management software; comfortable working in a macOS-based (Apple) environment.
• Personal integrity with the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
• A love of movies is a plus.
The Marketing & Communications Assistant performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Chief Communications Officer.
AFI requires full vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees, subject to limited, legally required exceptions. Proof of vaccination, or documentation supporting an exception to this policy, will be required prior to employment
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online