Manager, Institutional Giving and Scholarships
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
AMERICAN FILM INSTITUTE
POSITION: Manager, Institutional Giving & Scholarships
LOCATION: Los Angeles Campus
The Manager, Institutional Giving and Scholarships is responsible for building and maintaining as robust level of scholarships for the AFI Conservatory as well as participate in a broad range of strategic fundraising initiatives that fall outside the annual operating budget of the Institute, including capital and endowment campaigns, challenge grants and special project fundraising. Reporting to the Director, Institutional Giving and Scholarships, the Manager will develop strategy, build internal systems and coordinate the efforts of the departments within the Advancement Office on special campaign activity, ensuring effective collaboration and alignment of efforts.
• Strategically manage the scholarship funding program for the AFI Conservatory - overseeing the solicitation schedule of renewals, prospecting, strategy, cultivation and solicitations to build the program.
• Monitor donor stipulations and stewardship of existing gifts - including donor acknowledgement, gift tracking and other engagements between donor and recipient.
• Work closely with the AFI Conservatory Admissions and Financial Aid staff to ensure award timelines support the recruitment and retention of AFI Conservatory Fellows and provide exceptional stewardship of scholarship donors.
• Maintain standardized reports that offer the best possible transparency of available awards.
• Develop and implement strategic initiatives to raise scholarship funds that will create a sustainable base of support for AFI Fellows - including challenge grants.
• Draft compelling proposals and solicitations letters for scholarship and special campaign support. Prepare visual presentations for high-level solicitations.
• Work closely with the Chief Advancement Officer in developing and implementing strategy for special AFI initiatives that require a concentrated fundraising effort beyond the annual fund.
• Serve as the project manager on capital and endowment fundraising efforts:
o Coordination of naming gift programs.
o Stewardship for special campaign gifts.
• Participate in major gifts strategy sessions and support moves management steps.
• Research and provide comprehensive and accurate prospect reports and briefings to senior management involved in cultivation, solicitation of high-level donors - including both factual information and strategy recommendations.
• Use Tessitura database to manage campaign activity, prospect tracking and moves management.
• Support the effective operations of the Advancement office and AFI and actively participate in AFI events and initiatives as needed.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum two years of fundraising. Grant writing and campaign experience a plus.
• Success in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of institutional donors.
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills coupled with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Excellent oral and written communication, including strong grammatical and proofreading abilities.
• Excellent computer and database management skills with Tessitura database is a plus.
• Excellent design sensibilities with experience in Keynote and InDesign a plus.
• Ability to problem solve and negotiate with tact and diplomacy.
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with Board, donors, volunteers and staff in the academic and professional environment.
• Genuine interest in film and support of AFI's mission with natural ability to articulate this mission and role to others.
• Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
• Knowledge and/or experience in film and television community is preferred.
The Manager, Institutional Giving and Scholarships performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Director, Institutional Giving and Scholarships.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online