Manager, Festival Special Events
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Festival Special Events (Seasonal)
The Manager, Festival Special Events (Seasonal) is responsible for coordinating high quality reception events for AFI FEST. This includes creating and operating event spaces at The Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel for the duration of AFI FEST.
• Under the guidance of the Director, Production and Operations, AFI Festivals, the Manager, Festival Special Events will provide project management for all receptions, Gala After-Parties and partner events throughout AFI FEST.
• Oversee the booking and management of partner events in all Roosevelt Event Spaces.
• Collaborate with the Senior Manager, Guest Services and Cultural Relations on on the planning and execution of all festival activities for Guests; this includes lunches, dinners and receptions.
• Create master timeline of all receptions and partner events in Roosevelt Event Spaces and at offsite locations; manage individual reception timelines and budgets.
• Oversee the design and production all event elements for all Roosevelt Event Spaces which may include, but not limited to:
o Audio Visual - coordinated with IT and Equipment Coordinator and third party technical operations
o Deliveries - coordinated with the Director, Production and Operations, Production Manager and The Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel.
o Entertainment Management - Identify and secure entertainment within the Roosevelt Event Spaces; manage all scheduled entertainment events.
o HVAC - coordinated with The Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel.
o Parking/Valet - coordinated with the Director, Production and Operations, Manager, Transportation and The Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel.
o Power - coordinated with The Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel.
o Supplemental Décor.
• Coordinate the creation, approval and delivery of event related collateral materials and signage.
• Manage the logistics of all vendors involved with the Roosevelt Event Spaces.
• Coordinate the set up and load out of Event Spaces and on-site event activities.
• Act as Front of House Manager during all events; oversee will call tables/lines in collaboration with Volunteer Manager.
• Work with the Director, Production and Operations, Production Manager, Director, AFI Special Events and other departments as applicable to ensure receptions are promoted, executed and wrapped effectively.
• Finalize all billing, invoices, refunds and reimbursements, etc. for AFI FEST receptions and events prior to December 2, 2019.
• Attend weekly meetings with the Director, AFI Festivals, the Director, Production and Operations and other AFI departments to review seating assignments and to facilitate changes and/or additional requests.
• Collaborate with the Director, AFI Special Events in liaising with the official security company on line management, house count and miscellaneous security issues.
• In conjunction with each Gala Screening, oversee the Gala After-Party wristband ordering, distribution and access into the event from the guest list.
• Collaborate with Director, Production and Operations and AFI Special Events team to manager all After-Party logistics including security, will call and troubleshooting guest issues.
• Provide a comprehensive wrap report (e.g., procedural outline, comments on the operation of the festival, suggestions and recommendations for improvement, etc.) as outlined in the AFI FEST policy book and deliver a digital file and a hard copy of the report to the Director, Production and Operations, AFI FEST during the exit interview. All job specific reports and files must be well organized and submitted during the exit interview.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum three years of event coordination and management experience
• Prior experience in the engaging and planning of special events with film studios
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
• Ability to work independently while being an integral member of a high-functioning team.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion with minimal supervision.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills coupled with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion.
• Excellent computer skills with strong knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and FileMaker Pro.
• Possess a positive and professional attitude with the ability to work as a member of a high-energy, results oriented team.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
The Manager, Festival Special Events performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Director, AFI Festivals and the Director, Production and Operations, AFI Festivals.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online